Organization: Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger | Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is an international humanitarian organization committed to ending child hunger. Recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger saves the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger. With more than 40 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster and chronic food insecurity, Action Against Hunger runs life-saving programmes in over 45 countries benefitting seven million people each year. With head offices in the United Kingdom, France, Spain, the United States and Canada, our international network shares its combined resources, breadth of experience and technical expertise in pursuit of a world without hunger. Every year, our 7,500+ field workers help over 21 million people in over 45 countries worldwide.
As a non-governmental, non-profit, non-religious organization, we are committed to principled humanitarian action as outlined in our International Charter of Principles: independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to affected populations, professionalism and transparency.
Position: Field Manager
Vacancy Ref: ACFOPENAWFM
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Contract duration: 6 months renewable
Project Area: Nawalparasi East and Nawalparasi West
Number of positions: 1
Expected starting date: 25th June 2020
Please note that this recruitment is urgent. Priority will be given to suitable applicants immediately available.
• Overall planning and coordination of project activities (WASH, nutrition, health, food security and livelihood) in Nawalparasi area
• Ensure the quality and timely implementation of project activities through effective supportive supervision and monitoring
• Lead advocacy, coordination and communication with partners and stakeholders: linkages, partnership and community/social mobilization
• Responsible for the overall management of human resources
• Responsible of security issue for Nawalparasi base
• Budget management of local project activities
• Supervision of the strict implementation of logistic, financial and administrative procedures
• In charge of reporting, recording, documentation for Nawalparasi area project activities
• Represent the organization towards local authorities, local representatives of aid agencies and stakeholders
• Act as a gender champion to proactively support Action Against Hunger’s commitments to gender equality, child protection and disability sensitivity
• Fulfil general responsibilities and contribute to broader Action Against Hunger Nepal country programme, operational quality and consistency
Qualifications & Required Skills:
• Master’s degree in social science, public health, nutrition, development studies or a relevant discipline
• Five years of extensive experience in the development and humanitarian sector preferably in the field of nutrition, health, WASH, Livelihood and Food security, emergency response
• At least two years with International organisations in a senior management role
• Significant experience in Public health (Community Management of Acute Malnutrition / Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition, health, WASH) and/or Food Security and Livelihood programming
• Sound knowledge/understanding of health, nutrition, resilience, food security and livelihood situation social protection and cash transfer in Nepal
• Sound knowledge/understanding of gender and social inclusion issues, community and social mobilization
• Excellent interpersonal, networking, negotiation and communication skills
• Strong knowledge and experience in coordinating activities with multiple partners and liaising with government officials
• Excellent standard of written and spoken Nepali and English language
• Excellent leadership and management skills
• Advocacy, networking and representation skills
• Training/capacity-building skill
• Results-oriented Innovative and problem solving
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a diverse team and environment with short deadlines and intense pressure.
• Excellent computer skills including an office package
• Good knowledge and understanding of the local language
• Previous experience of working in Terai
• Strong sense of humour An understanding and knowledge on resilience and how it relates to climate change, DRR and humanitarian assistance
Last date to apply: 17th June 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Nepali applicants with suitable skills are requested to submit a motivation letter, updated CV with two referees through email: email@example.com by 17th June 2020 by 5 pm Nepal time.
The Vacancy Reference (ACFOPENAWFM) must be mentioned in the title of the email otherwise the application may be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process. Action Against Hunger reserves the right to reject any or all applications. Telephonic enquiries will not be entertained.
Action Against Hunger | Action Contre la Faim is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities and members from disadvantaged /underrepresented ethnic groups.