Organization: CARE Nepal
CARE Nepal is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. CARE has been operational in Nepal since 1978 and works in partnerships with government and non-government stakeholders across the spectrum of humanitarian action and long-term development programs.
CARE Nepal hereby invites applications from interested candidates for the following position.
Position: Director of Financial Management and Operations
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location : Based in Kathmandu
Education Level : Master
Experience Required : More than or equals to 10 years
The Director of Financial Management and Operations will oversee financial management and operations of the project. This includes oversight of procurement, grants and sub grants, logistics, human resources, accounting and finance, records, and ensures that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place in compliance with CARE regulations and donor policies and procedures, to meet generally recognized accounting standards. This position will manage all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting for both the prime recipient and any sub awards. S/he will ensure execution and timely posting of financial transactions, and prepare financial reports for submission to donor. S/he will develop financial forecast analysis and lead the process of analysis and interpretation of financial reports to ensure accurate financial data is provided for informed decision making.
• A Master’s degree in accounting, business administration, or a relevant field with ten (10) years of professional experience in finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of large project; with a minimum of 5 years of senior level responsibility for managing administration and finance aspects. Preference will be given professional to those with membership of ACCA, CPA, CA.
• Demonstrated supervisory experience with excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, leadership and managerial skills.
• Familiarity with financial reporting and compliance requirements; in-depth knowledge and practical understanding of reporting procedures and system.
• Experience in managing procurement and subcontracts/grants for a large project.
• Proven track record of implementing fraud mitigation practices.
• Experience with finance management, accounting and auditing, procurement and establishment of internal controls; including monitoring of grant compliance and management.
• Experience with strategic program planning, annual work planning and budgeting.
• Experience managing successful teams working in multiple locations.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and accounting software.
• Professional proficiency in spoken and written English required.
• Excellent past performance references.
Last date to apply: 07 June 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.carenepal.org and complete the application process. The last date for submitting the application is 17:00hrs, 07 June 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
“CARE Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply”
CARE places human dignity at the centre of its relief and development work. At the heart of CARE’s efforts to impact poverty and social justice is its engagement with marginalized communities, and vulnerable adults and children. Vulnerable adults and children are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE commits to the protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA) of vulnerable adults, involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. CARE takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE initiates rigorous investigation of complaints that indicate a possible violation of this policy and takes appropriate disciplinary action, as warranted.