Organization: Ipas Nepal
Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international development organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion and Contraception. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care.
Ipas Nepal in partnership with Marie Stopes International (MSI)/Sunaulo Pariwar Nepal, is implementing UK’s Department for International Development (DfID) funded Nepal Family Planning Project (NFPP) on “Addressing Unmet Need for Family Planning among Excluded and Vulnerable Women”. One of the outputs of the NFPP is to carry out a systematic review of available evidence (literature and programmatic) on the efficiency and effectiveness of one of the outreach models in increasing FP uptake by providing home-based FP services with a focus on poor, hard-to-reach, and marginalised population.
Therefore, Ipas Nepal is looking for qualified personnel to carry out the systematicreview of the existing evidences.
Position: Consultancy for conducting a systematic review of one of the community outreach models of family planning services
Period: 45 days (Late August 2019- Mid December 2019)
Scope of Work:
Working with the project team members of NFPP, the consultant will be responsible for the following:
• Develop a concept note for the review
• Register with PROSPERO
• Conduct a systematic review and retrieve articles related to the outreach model or similar models of service delivery for health services
• Assess the quality of articles
• Collate and document findings from the literature search
• Prepare a report based on key features of PROSPERO on the efficiency and effectiveness of the outreach model
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
• PhD in Public Health with a minimum of 5 years of experience of conducting systematic reviews/literature reviews on various public health topics
• Experience of writing peer reviewed articles and reports
• Knowledge and experience of working in the area of Family Planning in Nepal
• Sound knowledge on the health system in Nepal
• Peer reviewed articles in international journal as a first author (desirable)
• Good report writing skills
• A comprehensive report on the processes and findings of the systematic review on the efficiency and effectiveness of the outreach model
• Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of the processes of review and its findings
Last date to apply: July 31, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit application along with up-to-date curriculum vitae with subject as “Application for consultancy assignment for conducting a systematic review. Please make an online application and submit your documents through the link given:
*Canvassing at any stage will lead to automatic dismissal and Ipas Nepal reserves all rights to make the final selection.