Swisscontact is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation. Represented in 36 countries with over 1100 employees, it promotes – since 1959 – economic, social, and environmental development.
Government of Nepal (GoN) and Government of Switzerland have been implementing Nepal Vocational Qualifications System Project (NVQS-P) since 2015. The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is providing financial and technical assistance to the GoN (Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT)/Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST)) for the implementation of the project.
Swisscontact Nepal has set up a technical assistance team- Project Support Unit (PSU) on behalf of SDC.
For the second Phase of NVQS-P (subject to ratification of the bilateral agreement), we invite applications from committed and experienced Nepali citizens for the following new positions to be filled. Swisscontact invites applications from qualified candidates for the following position:
Position: Administration Officer
Location: NVQS PSU Office, CTEVT Complex, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur, Nepal
Reports to: Finance and Admin Manager
Duration: One year with possibility of extension
Purpose of the Job
The Administration Officer (AO) is responsible for smooth day to day functioning of all administrative and HR related tasks of NVQS-P.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Human Resource Management
▪ Support to prepare advertisement notice and placing it in national/local newspaper/electronic jobsites.
Administrative and Logistic and Security Management
▪ Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office.
▪ Supervises the work of Administration Assistant, including assigning workload and monitoring employee performance.
▪ Prepare contracts/ agreements in accordance with Swisscontact’s rules and regulations
▪ Arrange official invitation letters for incoming guests and visitors as well as for staff members going for international visits
▪ Manage office equipment and infrastructure to ensure a well-running office
▪ Make logistic arrangement including flight reservations, liaise with SDC for obtaining security clearance, hotel and vehicle arrangement for project staffs, visitors/partners, donors, consultants, volunteers, and interns
▪ Support to prepare correspondence, memos, reports, presentations, minutes of office meetings and emails to local counterparts, donors or other related offices or agencies in relation to the office operations
▪ Update the filling system and manage filing the official documents for both hard and electronic copies.
▪ Ensure IT and phone services to all employees of NVQS and ensure proper maintenance of IT equipment.
▪ Monitor vehicle mobilization and ensure for logbook, fuel & maintenance and analysis of vehicle run cost and suggest timely for necessary improvements.
▪ Check safety and security of office premises and advise staff on the risks during political unrests.
Procurement & Inventory Management
▪ Performs all procurement related activities such as process purchase requisitions, invitation of quotations, request for proposals, preparation of comparison chart and procurement contract, preparing the work orders, negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
▪ Responsible proper inventory management and record keeping of all fixed assets, insurance of assets, involve in reconciliation of physical stock, preparing the reports on adjustments done to inventories that may be damaged, spoilt, etc., conduct physical verification of inventory.
▪ Contribute to a harmonious work environment.
▪ Adhere to any other duties requested by the supervisor Qualification, Experience and Competencies
The individual must conform to the following qualifications and expertise:
▪ Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent with a concentration in HR will be preferable
▪ Minimum of three years of work experience in admin and HR field in the development cooperation field with donor agencies, international and national NGOs.
▪ Advanced communication skill in both English and Nepali (verbal and written)
▪ Strong knowledge and background in admin, human resources operations and communications.
▪ Excellent analytical, management skills and a team player.
▪ Demonstrated administrative, financial, and personnel management capacities, communications.
▪ Ability to influence, communicate, co-operate, and negotiate with a wide range of people and organisations (including government) at all levels with tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to cultural differences.
▪ Excellent time management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills
▪ Conduct HR processes in accordance with Swisscontact Nepal Employee Manual.
▪ Maintain personnel files, human resources record by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases, tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
▪ Conduct initial induction to newly hired staff.
▪ Prepare staff contract, recruitment memo, minutes, renewal of contract etc.
▪ Support to conduct proper recruitment process, participate in the Recruitment and Selection process, responsible for the logistics management of recruitment (preparation of meeting room, invitation of candidates, informing the interview panel, preparation of evaluation sheets etc.).
▪ Ensure Probation period/yearly assessment is conducted timely and remind to concern supervisor for assessment.
▪ Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc.).
▪ Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail, and to meet deadlines.
▪ Ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
▪ Demonstrated high level of ethical behavior.
▪ Competent IT skills, including experience of Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
▪ Willingness and ability to travel within and outside Nepal.
Working Conditions and Environment
▪ This will be applicable in accordance with the Swisscontact Staff Manual
Last date to apply: 08 June 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your current CV (maximum four A4 pages) with at least two referees, job application form and a motivation letter to email@example.com latest by 08 June 2020.
Please mention name of the position applied for in the “subject” line of your email.
Swisscontact Nepal shall not entertain any phone enquiries or other such solicitations for these positions. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Swisscontact Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
Swisscontact Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (Women, Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai and other minority communities).