Organization: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation working in 51 developing countries that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 42 districts in Nepal. We take active measures in recruitment and employment practices to ensure children are protected.
Plan International Nepal invites application from interested and eligible candidates for the following positions:
Number of Vacancies: 1
Purpose: The position holder will be responsible for supporting in the accurate accounting and reporting of financial transactions as per the Operational Manual, Policy and Procedures. S/He will report to Finance Coordinator at Nepalgunj Field Office.
Term and Location: Fixed term employment for 3 years based in Nepalgunj Field Office.
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies/ Administration or any relevant subject
• At least 2 years of relevant working experience in a similar role or demonstrable evidence of the ability to take the role
• Basic knowledge of tax laws & bylaws, procurement process and inventory management
• Effective communication skills in both English and Nepali language
• Proficient in computer skill, mainly MS office package
• Demonstrate high degree of professionalism and integrity
• INGO Experience preferred
• Effectively maintain the general ledger, and the books of accounts of the field office
• Process payment requests of Field Office in accordance with Plan’s financial guidelines and statutory requirements.
• Periodically perform reconciliations and maintain subsidiary ledgers of accrual and prepayments
• Support in revising quarterly budget/cash flow forecast accurately within the due date in coordination with the Technical Coordinator/ Manager
• Support in reviewing financial reports and settlement documents to ensure compliance with the Plan policies and procedures.
• Support in dealing with tax withholding issue
• Ensuring partners’ accounting system is complete, accurate, reasonable and in compliance with system and procedures
Last date to apply: 28 March 2019
HOW TO APPLY
Source: Kantipur Dinik, 14 March 2019