Organization: Rural Women Upliftment Association
Rural Women Upliftment Association (RWUA) was established on 22 Kartik, 2050 B.S. at Sarlahi District of Province 2, Nepal. It is a non-governmental and non-profit social organization and is a well-established and prominent organization which works as a change agent in the area of women empowerment and community development in Sarlahi district. The long-term experiences in the area of community development and women upliftment has made the organization easy to organize community for positive changes for their own since last 27 years. This is women headed organization and the majority of executive members are women. It works with a mission to improve the lives of people through economic, social, cultural and physical transformation. It has been implementing sponsorship project in Sarlahi District in partnership with Save the Children.
Rural Women Upliftment Association invites applications from the interested and eligible candidates (Nepali citizen only) who are reliable, accountable, and have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity for the following positions under its Samunnati Program (Sponsorship program).
Position: Infrastructure Officer (Sub Engineer)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Term: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Haripur Municipality-2, Sarlahi
• To take part and support organization in the process of tendering and vendor selection for the supplies construction materials for project activities as per approved design and specification
• Assist in beneficiary selection and verification process by field team and timely execution of the mobilization process as per approved DIP of the project
• To provide technical support in filed activities during the course of project so that the execution is as per approved design and standards
• To maintain the quality of materials/Supply as per approved samples and quality
• To plan the timely completion of targeted construction works and activities as per Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and according to approved design, standards and quality
• To maintain field relevant project documentation and visibility as per project proposal
Preferred Qualifications & experience:
• Minimum Diploma in Civil Engineering
• Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience as project Sub-Engineer preferably in I/NGOs.
• Must have experience in Masonry Building Construction.
• Must have enough/reasonable knowledge of designing and implementation community based and rural construction.
• Ability to motivate community regarding active participation in project activities
• Possess problem solving skills and adaptability
• Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
• Committed to work 40% in office and 60% in field
• Ability to work individual and in team harmoniously with problem solving attitude
• Must have computer literacy specially MS offices and relevant engineering software- AutoCAD.
• Must have experience in preparing Estimation, Rate Analysis and Contract Agreement.
• Poses good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good report writing skills
• Must be gender and child sensitized and respectful for local norms
Last date to apply: 26th June, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates in between 20 to 40 years of age are encouraged to apply with their current CV and application letter to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mentioning the position applying in the subject line addressing to The Human Resource Department, Rural Women Upliftment Association(RWUA) or submit the hard copy to Rural Women Upliftment Association(RWUA), Central Office at Haripur-2, Sarlahi within 26th of June 2020 by 5:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation might automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing. RWUA respects child rights and strictly follows the child safeguarding policy of the organization. RWUA is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Qualified candidates or those from disadvantaged group and local communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
RWUA reserves right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case. If any query, contact at 046-411109.