Information Communication Technology (ICT) Officer
Job no: 545151
Position type: Fixed Term Appointment
School/Unit: Regional Services Div (SAR), Kathmandu
Department/Office: Reg Serv – Oper, Kathmandu
Categories: Information Communication Technology
Information Communication Technology (ICT) Officer Level 1fn.docx
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
How can you make a difference?
1. Enable continuous operation of ICT infrastructure and accessibility to ICT solutions and services
2. Provide help, support and assist with capacity building and knowledge management;
3. Support operational and administrative tasks;
4. Assist in the delivery of results.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in computer science, software engineering, information technology management, business administration or related social science field is required.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience in information technology management and business operations in a large international organization and/or corporation is required. Experience in a UN organization is an asset.
- Certification and/or proven experience in one of these several ICT technical competencies: ICT Project Management, Business Analytics, Information Security, ICT Audit and Risk Management, Telecommunications, Emergency Telecommunications, Network Management, Information Security, Software Engineering and Programming
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Nov 02 2021 Nepal Standard Time
Application close: Nov 11 2021 Nepal Standard Time