Ipas works globally with a vision that every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health including safe abortion and contraception. Our programs use a multifaceted approach that addresses reproductive health services, access to services and fulfillment of reproductive rights.
As part of the broader reproductive justice movement and Ipas global sustainable abortion ecosystem approach, Ipas is working to ensure that abortion and contraceptive care are essential health services and that all people can access them. Our programs use a multifaceted approach that addresses reproductive health services, access to services and fulfillment of reproductive rights. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. Ipas Nepal’s program intervention prioritize intersectional partnerships that integrates into the broader gender equality and social justice, including gender-based violence prevention and response, and women-led climate justice. As climate change is one of the defining crises of our time, and people’s sexual and reproductive health and rights are affected by this crisis, the effects of climate change amount to a global public health, economic, humanitarian, and gender equality.
Position: Human Resources and Organization Development Manager
Type: Fixed Term
Number of position: 1
The Human Resources and Organization Development Manager is responsible to lead and coordinate the recruitment, employee onboarding, and departure, prepare policy documents, HR policy compliance, and organizational development functions. He/She as one of the Senior Management Team members advise on organization culture and leads the performance management, employee training, motivation, employee engagement, and employee empowerment initiatives in Ipas Nepal. This position reports to the Country Director.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Review, develop and oversee the implementation of the HR Policy.
- Orient employees on HR Policy to ensure its compliance.
- Conduct recruitment through ERP, lead, manage and contribute to employee recruitments, vacancy announcement, shortlisting, selection process, onboarding, and orientation.
- Manage, lead, and oversee the employee exit process, terminations, and exit interview.
- Responsible to meet the organization’s HR minimum standards, maintaining employees’ personnel files, official documents, memos for records.
- Prepare employee employment contracts and annual renewal of contracts.
- Draft and prepare job descriptions in coordination with managers/supervisors.
- Conduct the salary/compensation review project.
- Coordinate and conduct HR compliance and performance management.
- Review, develop and implement the performance management system/tools.
- Advise and consult senior management team for the establishment of a robust performance review practice.
- To enhance staff development and effectiveness conduct trainings and learning needs assessment of employees for their professional growth.
- Lead and support managers/supervisors in staff development and training needs through staff engagement in learning opportunities.
- Lead, contribute and coordinate team events/retreats.
- As a member of the Grievance Handling Committee address issues on staff welfare, staff concerns/grievance, compliance investigation cases.
- Serve as the organization Safeguarding Focal Point.
- Lead an organizational development especially on Ipas Global Road Map Process.
Qualification and experience requirements:
- Master’s degree in business management or related discipline with specialization in Human Resources will be given preference.
- At least 8 years of human resources, experience preferably with an international NGO.
- Working Knowledge of Nepal’s labor Laws and application to operations.
- Experience working in a global matrix organization.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Track record of sound coordination and communication skills, and a good team player.
- Must be mature to remain calm in stressful work conditions.
- Uphold the highest moral values and exemplify the organization’s values and mission.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Nepali both written and verbal.
- Committed to safe working environment where every team member is treated equally and respectfully with no history of committing violence including sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Good Computer Skill on Microsoft Office.
Ability and willingness to travel internationally and domestically up to 25%
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, caste, ethnicity, regional identity, tribal identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy. Ipas acknowledges that these personal characteristics may differ in different contexts.
To apply for this job please visit ipas.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.