Website Panagora Group
Position: Human Resources and Contracts Director
Project/Activity: USAID/Nepal MEL
Highest Level of Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, human resources, or a related field
Work Experience: 5-7 years
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) providing novel and integrated solutions in international development, including in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and global health. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, using highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Panagora Group seeks an experienced human resources and contracts director for the anticipated five (5)-year USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity. The MEL Activity will provide USAID/Nepal with technical and advisory services for monitoring; evaluations; research, assessments, and data analysis; geographic information services (GIS); and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) activities.
This is a long-term position based in Kathmandu, Nepal expected to start in Fall 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the deputy chief of party, manage the overall office operations, human resources, procurements, and subcontracts in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, Panagora policies, and local laws
- Collaborate with the F&A manager to manage office operations, finance and accounting, procurement and purchasing, facilities and office services, in-country travel, and logistics
- Maintain the office electronic and hard-copy filing system, ensuring accessibility of files, and handle physical and virtual knowledge management
- Support activity start-up, recruitment, and country registration process
- Work closely with MEL technical staff in preparing for and responding to MEL activity needs for consultants, subcontracts, and any other requirements
- Responsible for maintaining a database with up-to-date information on potential consultants and subcontractors and contracting them quickly
- Oversee recruitment processes for all local staff and consultants, including developing scopes of work, reviewing and interviewing candidates, negotiating with selected candidates, and conducting due diligence checks (references, salary, and education)
- Oversee HR processes for all local staff and consultants, including onboarding, training, performance evaluations, ensuring staff and consultants have all necessary equipment, and providing ad hoc support to staff and consultants
- Oversee procurement and subcontracting processes in an efficient manner, meeting the requirements of Panagora policies, USAID regulations, and local laws
- Coordinate closely with the F&A manager and the security and logistics specialist to manage all activity-related travel, workshops, meetings, etc.
- Liaise with home office for special HR or office requests by USAID, including on all international STTA
- Supervise recruitment officer, office assistant and any other relevant staff
- Other duties as assigned by the deputy chief of party
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business administration, human resources, or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience, including office and administrative management, human resources, and/or recruitment
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working on USAID-funded projects or other USG contracts
- Experience recruiting, onboarding, and managing consultants
- Experience preparing and managing subcontracts
- Excellent knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and adapt to frequently changing priorities
- Fluency in English and Nepali, written and spoken
- Must be authorized to work in Nepal
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
To Apply: Fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit panagoragroup.zohorecruit.com.