Website The Leprosy Mission Nepal (TLMN)
Human Resource Officer
The Human Resource Officer reports directly to the HR Manager, is both responsible for human resource management and more general administrative management of the Anandaban Hospital. The position includes HR-related duties in the functional areas of benefit administration, employee relations, recruitment, on boarding, policy implementation, and ensure compliance with the employment-laws and regulations. In addition, the position includes tasks related to administrative and operational duties.
Role Responsibilities & Task
1. Human Resource Management
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of the existing TLM Nepal HR policies, systems and procedures.
- Ensure that TLM Nepal HR policies are used in a consistent manner and in line with the TLM Global standards, national legislation and good practices.
- Ensure effective follow up of HR issues with the TLM Nepal Management team, and represent HR matters in Management meetings, during proposal development, and policy reviews.
- Stay updated about labor laws, regulations, policies and practices for possible adjustment of and amendments to TLM Nepal policies and regulations.
- Create synergies between the HR and Admin units, other units and field offices.
- Review, monitor and ensure the implementation of key HR related policies and procedures such as the Performance Review Process and staff capacity building to strengthen staff performance.
- Maintain and update HR related files and records, both in hard copies and e-copies; ensure full confidentiality of the same.
- Update the following HR records in a timely manner- staff list (including interns, consultants, volunteers, casual staff, etc.), HR dates tracker, Recruitment tracker, L&D Tracker, Leave plan and utilization, Performance Management Tracker, Travel Tracker, and others as relevant.
- Based on the trackers mentioned above, inform Relevant Manager to take appropriate action. For example: contract renewal, probation completion, leave utilization circulation, etc.
- Support the new staff on boarding process by arranging and scheduling their induction, orientation, and logistics.
- Coordinate with insurance company for accidental, medical and other insurance of staff.
- Process all staff identity card as and when required.
2. Recruitment Administration:
- Draft vacancy adverts and coordinate with relevant agencies for vacancy advertisement.
- Prepare a long list for advertised positions and submit to Manager (as requested) for further action.
- Inform the Admin and IT Unit for all logistic arrangements required for the selection procedures.
- Prepare attendance sheets for each recruitment and selection process and ensure that they are signed and filed.
- File all documents related to the recruitment process from start to finish.
- Prepare process reports for all recruitments.
3. Contract and letters administration:
- Prepare short term support, trainee, consultant and honorarium contracts and internship agreement once approved by the HR Manager based on terms of reference and CV provided.
- Assist in the preparation of staff contracts during contract renewal or as and when required.
- Prepare HR related letters as and when directed by the HR Manager.
- Facilitate the medical, accidental and other insurance process in coordination with insurance company and concerned TLMN team and ensure that the policy is effective from the first day of joining for new hires.
4. Software Management:
- Create new users for new hires in the HR system and upload all relevant documents.
- Update all staff records in HR system and maintain hard copy of each staff.
- Support all staff in the use of the HR software system including password resets and leave rectifications.
- Notify the HR Manager of any discrepancies in the system.
- Monitor the system for bugs and errors.
- Monitor the HR dates trackers including but not limited to contract period, probation period, insurance renewal dates and other relevant dates and ensure that the Manager (as relevant) are aware of these dates in advance.
- Monitor the Leave Management System on weekly basis and liaise with the IT team in case of any problems with the system.
- Monitor day to day HR related operations to ensure that work is being done effectively and efficiently.
- Support in minuting/note-taking and documentation of meetings/forums under the mandate of HR department.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual leave reports for all departments in coordination with line manager and send to relevant unit and department heads.
- Prepare quarterly and Annual HR Report.
7. Capacity development
- Provide support in the organization of staff capacity development initiatives
- Timely update information relating to TLMN staff training (National/International) in Annual Training calendar.
- Provide administrative support in HR department operations.
- Any other official tasks as assigned by reporting manager.
- Relevant University Degree Bachelor and 3 years of relevant work experience/ Master preferred
- Proven track record in HR and Administration in an I/NGO.
- Solid understanding of Government’s labor laws and other relevant laws required for an INGO.
- Demonstrated ability to work under reasonable pressure, deadlines, and multiple priorities
- Result oriented team player with decision making skills.
- Good understanding of social inclusion, gender and caste issues (organizational).
- Experience in complaints handling, conflict management and negotiation
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Uphold highest standards from staff to follow the TLMN Staff Code of Conduct.
- Strong skills in writing and communicating in English and Nepali (both oral and written) is required.
- Good working skills in MS Office Package
Application ends November 09, 2022