Website Habitat for Humanity International Nepal
Habitat for Humanity International Nepal’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Habitat Nepal operates as part of an international network with a common objective of reducing poverty and eliminating substandard housing and homelessness from the world.
Habitat Nepal invites applications from highly qualified candidates for the following one 1 position to based in Habitat Nepal’s Field Office, Dhangadhi.
Position: Finance and Administrative Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Date of Announcement: February 12, 2021
Duration: Through December 2021 (Extendable if funding and need permits)
Location: Habitat Field Office West, Dhangadhi, Kailali
Reports to: Program Manager
Field Visits: Frequent travel to project areas
Core Function: Finance and Administrative Officer is responsible for all project financial transactions, allocate costs to appropriate projects and tasks, prepare periodic financial statements and reports, and keep the records of the accounting books up to date and over all administration management of the field office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update all financial records of HFO West Office systematically, update them in “SUN software system” regularly.
- Keep records of expenses of HFO office, review bills and make payments to parties ensuring all financial policies and procedures of Habitat Nepal are followed.
- Support Program Manager for budget preparation, to record Grant Funded Project related financial activities, send fund transfer request and expenses settlement.
- Maintain proper cash control and maintain monthly bank and cash reconciliation statement to ensure that the cash and bank reconciliation statements are accurate and reconciles with the records.
- Be responsible for the banking transactions (for all deposits and payments)
- Coordinate with Finance Coordinator at central office in preparation of monthly, quarterly and other periodic financial reports. Administration Functions
- Work as focal point of administration related works of HFO West office and execute the procurement process and logistic arrangements.
- Supervise support staff’s (driver and office attendant) job related duties and support them if they needed any assistance to accomplish their works.
- Work as focal point of safety and security related issues of HFO West office. Receive and collect safety and security situation of the western region, update them with Safety and Security focal person in central office in Kathmandu in regular basis.
- Update HFO West office staff on safety and security related issues if any arise.
- Maintain attendance record, daily movement and record field visit of HFO staff.
- Ensure that all the office related cost, such as Telephone, Internet, Electricity etc. are paid in time.
- Support on financial transaction of Global Village (GV) management in West. Keep record of GV team related expenses and make payments. Partner Management
- Periodic review of the financial transactions, including the documentation of the partner NGOs.
- Review the financial reports submitted by the partner before sending it over to Kathmandu Finance Department each month.
- Review the funds request received from the partners and submit it to Kathmandu Finance Department for funds transfers.
- Capacity building of the partner staff through mentoring, coaching, and training.
Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & accounting software such as SunSystem and FAMAS
- Fluency in oral and written English & Nepali.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Education Qualification, Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business of related field
- At least 3 years of experience in related field in development sector.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with an application letter and updated resume indicating the position applied in subject of the email by February 21, 2021 addressed to: Human Resources Department, Habitat for Humanity International Nepal
Habitat Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, females, and persons with disability to apply. Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further selection process.