Website Hitachi Energy
Principal Database Engineer
About Hitachi Energy
Hitachi Energy – Enterprise Software Solutions is a part of larger Grid Automation within Hitachi Energy. Our Enterprise Software Solutions helps companies in many industries – including power, mining, and transportation – embrace disruption and thrive in the digital industrial era. Hitachi Energy serves customers in the utility, industry, and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. We develop world-class software solutions that help trading and risk management of energy as a commodity globally. Our solutions turn data into insight, enabling our customers to make better day-to-day operations, maintenance, and long-term strategic decisions throughout the lifecycle of mission-critical assets. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future.
We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible, and secure while balancing social, environmental, and economic values. And we are accelerating this – with electricity as the backbone. Our industry-leading experience, deep domain knowledge, and pioneering technologies continue accelerating the global energy transition. Beyond technical innovation, we also look to our impact on societies and how we can improve lives and inspire others. We are solving complex problems in the energy industry and creating an impact in the daily lives of people.
We are an environmentally conscious business and through sustainability 2030, we are advancing four key areas: Planet, People, Peace, and Partnerships.
Hitachi Energy has a proven record of accomplishment and an unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD.
To know more about why you should work with us, visit our website here. www.hitachienergy.com
About the job
The main purpose of the job is to provide support for database-related issues, and monitor, review, and train team members to work on advanced database-related tasks. Take ownership of the project / assigned task and manage his/her team to deliver quality work on time. He/ She should also be involved in the Human Resource Management of their assigned teams.
Software Development and Maintenance
- Involve in the designing, coding, and debugging of the software
- Improve the performance of existing software
- Maintain and upgrade the existing software
Ownership of Projects/Assigned Tasks
- Take ownership of projects for it’s timely delivery including (but not limited to) planning, estimation, development approach, assignment, reporting, etc.
- Proactively provide and implement new ideas in the application for a better user experience
Monitor and Review
- Mentor & monitor juniors to improve team efficiency.
- Conduct regular code reviews of team members.
Training/ Development of Team
- Provide training to grow skilled resources.
- Prepare and train team members with a knowledge base of patterns and practices of programming used in FARRMS applications.
- Help supervisor identifies training/recruitment needs.
- Regularly attend team meetings to discuss, brainstorm ideas, and put forwards ideas to solve any problems
- Provide the first level of support for any database-related issues raised by team members.
Education Level and Experience Required:
- 3-5 years of related experience with a minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering (master’s preferred) or equivalent.
- Should have experience in Database Programming using SQL Server and knowledge of FARRMS database framework.
- Should have worked on large databases and being familiar with database optimization will be an advantage.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent verbal /written communication skills,
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures.
- He/ she should be a team player and a leader.
Besides offering a stimulating learning experience and competitive pay, Pioneer also offers many benefits and perks including:
- 5 working days/week
- Lunch Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Festival Allowance
- Paid Leaves
- Social Security Fund
- Accidental & Medical Insurance Coverage
- Global Exposure
Interested candidates can send their CV and Cover Letter to CTRM-Jobs@hitachienergy.com. Please clearly mention the position that you are applying for. For e.g.: Application for the position of “Principle Database Engineer”.
Only those applications meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be shortlisted and called for interview.