Website Himalayan Nature (HN)
Himalayan Nature (HN), based in Kathmandu is a development and conservation research institute, working for sustainable livelihoods of Himalayan communities as well as initiating scientific research on Himalayan biodiversity and the broader environment. It is now seeking applications for the position of Social Mobiliser from highly motivated and result-oriented Nepalese candidates with proven skill on community engagement on biodiversity/wildlife conservation.
Position title: Social Mobiliser
Number of positions available: One (1)
Duty Station: Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve (KTWR), Sunsari
Duration of Contract: One year with possible extension based on performance review
Salary: Attractive as per the institutional provision
Qualifications: The applicant should ideally have an Intermediate in biological science with 2 years of experience (Bachelor’s degree preferred). S/he should have excellent command over the computer (office package), report writing, willing to work with the rural communities. Candidates having previous experience in biodiversity/environment-related work will be given priority.
Terms of References (ToR)
The Social Mobiliser will coordinate with the communities, local community facilitators, site support groups and other stakeholders to accomplish various program activities; particularly in community engagement for biodiversity conservation, and engages communities, especially marginalized, vulnerable and nature-dependent people, in Alternate Income Generation Activities. This position will be based in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve (KTWR), Sunsari. He/she will be involved in project planning, implementation, coordination, reporting and communication with partners, stakeholders and donors.
- Conduct social survey to identify communities for the human elephant coexistence (HECx) campaign.
- Establish and train HECx campaign groups
- Conduct stakeholder meetings on exploring livelihood strategies effective against HEC to be incorporated in HEC mitigation manual.
- Conduct awareness programmes in communities and schools on human elephant co-existence strategies.
- Manages day to day activities of Koshi Bird Observatory (KBO), conduct various promotional activities of KBO as a centre of wetland, grassland and bird migration study.
- Assist Directors and Program Officer to develop new concepts and proposals for the long-term operation of KBO and to develop as a centre of excellence in bird and biodiversity studies.
- Conduct various bird surveys and mobilize local youths on the bird survey and biodiversity conservation activities.
- Manage equipment, KBO Staff and provide support and logistics to the people that travel to KBO with prior arrangements.
- Maintain relations with KTWR, grassroots organisations, including community forests, DFOs and other local stakeholders
- Prepare field reports and submit them to the Program Officer or any designated officer at the HN head office.
- Conduct any other jobs as assigned by Directors in addition to the jobs mentioned above as and when required.
Interested and qualified Nepali citizens are requested to send their application along with a copy of updated CV along with a recently taken passport size photo to email@example.com by 12 April 2022, 5:00 pm NST.
Preference will be given to the local candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing activities will not be entertained and such will be automatically treated as disqualification for the position. For more details please visit www.himalayannature.org
Himalayan Nature, PO Box 10918, Ganesh Marg, Chabahil