Junior Regional Business Development and Communications Officer (M/W) 100%, based in Nepal or Laos
Helvetas is an organization specialized in development cooperation and humanitarian response, anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
We are looking for two motivated people for this position, one in Kathmandu, Nepal and one in Vientiane, Laos. Helvetas is aiming to increase support in Acquisition and Fundraising for the country programs in Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam (based in Vientiane) and also in Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Nepal (based in Katmandu).
About the Role
To strengthen the country teams, Helvetas is looking for two Junior Business Development and Communications Officers to support the teams with business development and communication efforts.The officers will explore potential funding opportunities and support the country teams in the region in developing and writing proposals based on donor requirements.
Thematic areas include all of Helvetas topics in development contexts and humanitarian response:
Water, Food & Climate – Access to safe water, stable supply of nutritious food, and sustainable natural resources is crucial for resilient lives.
Skills, Jobs & Income – Access to basic education, vocational training, and income-generating opportunities is essential to lift communities out of poverty.
Voice, Inclusion & Cohesion – Amplifying all citizens’ voices, fostering good governance, preventing conflicts and the radicalization of youth, and promoting the transformative effects of migration on development are key focus areas of Helvetas’ global programs.
Additional duties may include feeding in their own ideas and topic/thematic advice as well as developing communication material based on field experiences to be used for international communications. S/he will work closely with the country teams. Furthermore, it is planned that the group of Junior Business Development officers together with other business development or expert staff in the region will meet virtually have face to face for exchanges, trainings and carry out joint acquisitions. So, the Junior Regional Business Development and Communications Officers will contribute to forming an Asian acquisition, communication and innovative inputs group
YOUR MAIN TASKS
- In coordination with the country teams identify relevant opportunities and gather early intelligence on new funding opportunities.
- Plan and organize the proposal process through all phases and support submission of quality proposals.
- Conduct research on possible partners, teaming strategies, client priorities, current programming and other topics related to specific proposals.
- Establish proposal work plan with priorities and target dates for all proposal inputs.
- Organize proposal development meetings, coordinate with consultants, technical and finance teams to establish budget drafts and technical inputs for a proposal.
- Support communication activities of the country programs
- Support internal capacity development of Helvetas’ colleagues in English skills and proposal/reporting writing abilities.
- Support national and international communication and marketing teams of Helvetas by collecting and writing stories, taking pictures, videos, etc.
- Advisory support depending on the expertise, i.e. on topics of your studies, or past experience or interest.
- Support field trips for visitors and donors on request.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in social sciences, international development or acquisition / fundraising or a similar field.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and attention to details.
- Some understanding of different development sectors and projects as well as humanitarian aid.
- High motivation and commitment to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to be proactive, manage multiple priorities, and meet tight deadlines.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in working with non-governmental organizations is preferable.
- Some first experience in international development would be an asset.
We offer you an interesting challenge and an opportunity to gain robust field experience in international development.
- This is an international position and will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal or Vientiane, Laos. The start date is September or October 2022 (or upon agreement) for an assignment duration of 12 months with possible extension.
- Travel expenses are fully covered by Helvetas.
- International junior/trainee renumeration package (a monthly expenses allowance of covering lodging and food expenses, health benefits, etc.).
- Helvetas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for this opportunity without regard to age, color, religion, gender, and origin.
We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter, wok certificates and diplomas until July 31, 2022 via our online recruiting portal. For further information please contact Barbara Dietrich, Regional Coordinator, Bangladesh, Laos & Myanmar, at email@example.com or visit our website www.helvetas.org.