Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Position: Head of Programme
DCA is looking for an experienced and motivated Head of Programme.
This is a senior position and you will be part of a dedicated and innovative Programme Team and will report to the Country Director. As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will contribute to the strategic direction of the programme, and will have overall responsibility for coordination and effective implementation of an innovative portfolio of programmes and projects.
DCA Nepal Programme
We have been supporting development work in Nepal since the 1980s. Currently we focus on the following sectors to improve the life of the most marginalized communities in some of the most remote and vulnerable regions of Nepal, through a rights-based approach:
• Inclusive Citizenship for Accountable Governance
• Resilient Livelihoods and Sustainable Food Security
• Humanitarian Response and Disaster Risk Reduction
Your main responsibilities
You will play a crucial role in defining the vision, strategic direction and positioning for the Nepal programme.
You will lead all aspects of the development of proposals, preparation of Annual Programme Reports, project monitoring and advocacy, networking, influencing, strengthening partnerships and donor compliances.
You will also ensure DCA’s programme contributes to national priorities and sustainable development goals.
You will be responsible for maintaining good working relationship with government officials, donors, implementation partners, civil society and other national and international partners.
What you bring
• postgraduate degree in social sciences, international development, or related field.
• Minimum ten years of working experience in development organizations/NGOs with similar responsibilities
• Strong leadership and management skills, including experience of managing teams of up to 10 staff
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills
• Strong coordination, communications, and facilitation skills
• Substantial experience in leading, nurturing and building the capacity of teams
• Excellent writing and reporting skills
• Must be a strategic problem solver
• Strong dedication to the values and mission of DCA
• Commitment to participation in social movements and active in civil society organisations
• Ability and willingness to work with people from different backgrounds
• Contribute constructively to a working environment based on mutual respect and trust
• Ability to cope with stress and work under difficult circumstances
Additional Desired Qualifications
• IT skills at an advanced user level including the Microsoft Office suite.
• Proficiency in oral and written English and Nepali
What we offer
• A one-year renewable contract
• A competitive salary and benefits package
• 4 weeks of paid vacation leave
• Generous insurance as per DCA Nepal office agreements
• Learning and development opportunities
• An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of communities DCA is working with in Nepal
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Contact us to know more about this.
Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Only applications consisting as a minimum of the below will be considered:
(i) Cover Letter (max 1 page),
(ii) CV (max 3 pages) and
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications will be midnight Danish time Friday, 12 June 2020
Interviews can be held on a rolling basis and DCA reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the closing date.
Last date to apply: 12 June 2020