Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: “Zero Hunger by 2030” – If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger around the world, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Head of Finance
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Kathmandu, Nepal. The position is paid according to payscale of WHH.
The aim of the position is to implement predetermined financial and administrative management standards in the program and projects efficiently & promptly, thereby making significant contribution towards the success of the program work.
- Ensuring that all financial administrative processes in the Country Office (CO) are auditable and run efficiently through appropriate organizational measures
- Checking and supporting budget planning and adjustment of the projects (own and donor funds)
- Managing internal and external audits of projects and partner organizations
- Checking of partner agreements taking into account the capacity of the partners and the donor regulations
- Controlling and supervising liquidity planning of the projects and internal fund requests
- Conducting needs analysis for compliance agreements of all projects
- Evaluating financial and administrative requirements of new donors
- Budget planning of the CO budget and preparation of the cost and financing plan, as well as supporting the Country Director in monitoring the budget
- Instructing and supporting projects and project partner organizations in matters relating to financial management so that they fulfil their contractual obligations towards Welthungerhilfe and co-financers
- Coordinating in training of national and expatriate staff and PPO in the field of project administration in coordination with financial advisory unit of Head Office
- Master Degree in Commerce, Management, Business Administration, Finance or relevant field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the same or an equivalent position, preferably in the region
- Experience in working with donors, especially German (BMZ) donor regulations would be an asset.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills, especially in financial management
- Demonstrated experience and interest in capacity building and training
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel
- Proven negotiation skills and intercultural competence, team player.
- Willingness to travel to the project locations.
- Excellent spoken and written English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 8, 2022. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.