Website Habitat for Humanity Nepal
No. of vacancies: 1 (One)
Date of Announcement: 7 June 2022
Duration: Through December 2022 (Extendable if funding and need permits)
Location: Habitat Nepal East Office-Biratnagar
Reports to: Finance and Administration Coordinator
Core Function: Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Coordinator this position is responsible for driving office vehicles for various official works, including to rural locations and over a variety of road conditions. And is expected to spend the night in the field for longer trips. He/she will be responsible to maintain good condition of office vehicles including two wheelers. While he/she is not driving, the driver will support in various administration and program-related assignments in the office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the office vehicle for various official work in the field.
- Ensure vehicle is in good condition and the vehicle security.
- Timely servicing and maintenance of the vehicle.
- Ensure that all necessary servicing is performed by reputable outlets in liaison with the supervisor.
- Maintain vehicle logbook.
- Report vehicle problem immediately to the supervisor.
- Timely renew and update vehicle tax and clean sticker.
- Maintain the cleanliness of vehicles by regularly washing the interior and exterior.
- Ensure vehicle is kept in good working order; regularly check lights, indicators, brakes, tire pressure, oil, battery and radiator and report any defects to the supervisor.
- Follow the correct procedure in the event of an accident. Notify the supervisor immediately and render assistance where necessary.
- Make sure that all the necessary tools box and first- aid box required in the event of emergency are available in the vehicle and updated on regular basis.
- During field visits, assist program staff and other staff in their works such as taking photographs during trainings, collect documents and support on other logistic work.
- While not driving and in the office, support admin. and finance staff in their work.
- Support in administrative activities.
- Deliver office mails, parcels and go on office errands to the bank, bills payment, inventory- storage management, tools management, payment requests, collection of bills & vouchers, documentation and purchase goods as required.
- Provide logistics support to assist office workshops/events/meetings.
- Fulfill the transport needs and carry out the driving requirements of the office as directed by the supervisor.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education Qualification and Professional Experience:
- Completion of Basic Level Examination-Grade 8, and candidate with SLC (SEE) completed certificate will be preferred.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of driving experience.
- Previous experience of working in I/NGO preferred.
- Must have skills and knowledge in vehicle maintenance; ability to do simple general maintenance as required on the vehicle.
- Must be conversant with all traffic regulations and the Highway rules.
- Proven employment record in similar position.
Note: This position will also require travel to distant locations and overnight stays in the field.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are requested to visit the merojob site to apply through the online form made available – https://merojob.com/habitatnepal/
Candidate who is unable to fill up online form can email his/her application with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application submission deadline is 14 June 2022.
Human Resources Department, Habitat for Humanity International Nepal
In accordance with its foundational mission principles, Habitat for Humanity International is committed to the highest ethical standards and opposes all forms of discrimination, exploitation, and abuse. We intend to create and maintain a work and living environment that is safe, productive, and respectful for our colleagues and for all we serve.
We require that all staff take seriously their ethical responsibilities to Safeguarding (Child Protection, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation Harassment and Abuse) our intended beneficiaries, their communities (especially children), and all those with whom we work. In line with the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse, all staff must pass a thorough background screening, police check and will be held accountable to upholding our policies around ethical behavior, including safeguarding and whistleblowing
Habitat for Humanity International Nepal is an equal opportunity organization. Women, persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantage communities, and local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in recruitment. However, habitat for Humanity International Nepal reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever