Website FHI 360
Locations: Kathmandu, Nepal
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: Requisition – 2022201255
The Grants Specialist is responsible for managing the Country Office contracts & grants system to provide sound management control over FHI 360 compliance with award terms and conditions and FHI 360 policy.
- Responsible for summering and analysing sub-award financial information and ensure proper adherence/fulfilment of sub-award terms and conditions, compliances, donor requirements and applicable government policies.
- Take lead role in effective and comprehensive financial monitoring of sub-awardees. Develop proper monitoring plan, site visit plan, update monitoring tracker, manage all monitoring documentation, update and follow up issue action matrix, take initiative on timely settlement of issues, develop appropriate tools and techniques, advise management for improvement of quality monitoring, etc.
- Perform FHI 360 pre-award reviews by visiting organization for examine/review the organization’s financial and management capacity.
- Perform crucial role in the Design, Finance and Technical team to develop sub-agreement budget and budget amendment following FHI 360 standard formats and requirements, review cost in the basis of allocability, reasonability and allowability.
- Prepare sub-agreement and amendment budget through conducting an effective negotiation with sub-awardees.
- Develop financial training/orientation package in align with FHI 360 financial management and reporting system and provide orientation/training as and when required. Conduct need assessment for partner capacity development and organize appropriate capacity enhancement activities.
- Organize and ensure complete file of implementing agencies for Contract Management Service (CMS) that includes agreement, pre-award, financial and administrative review checklist, policies and procedures of the organization etc.
- Develop subproject financial management guidelines for implementing agencies as per need. Provide input to identify policy gaps and improvement of it. Make sure the policy is applied consistently and complied with the FHI 360 policy.
- Ensure implementing partner agencies (IAs) submit the Sub-award Financial Report (SFR) in timely manner, reviews and comments on SFRs submitted by implementing agency for country office approval and reimbursement of expenditure.
- Maintain financial information on fund received and monthly expenditure by the implementing agencies and ensure IAs have good fund management system, have sufficient fund balance in hand and review IAs cash flow projection and their expenditures trends.
- Oversee/prepare implementing agencies inventory control system and maintain details of value added tax (VAT) bills submitted by them.
- Coordinate with the program units and provide up-to-date financial information on implementing agencies receiving funds from FHI 360 Nepal.
- Responsible to check and collect evidences of legal requirements are fulfilled by implementing partners such as statutory audit report, tax clearance, registration renewal, etc.
- Assist in carrying out internal and external auditing functions. Ensure foreign recipient audit requirement and provide necessary support as appropriate.
- Take proactive role in sub-award closeout process specially in close out plan, communication, correspondence, orientation, monitoring, collection of deliverables, documentation and final financial settlement of award.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor, Finance and Administrative Director and Country Director.
- Master’s degree in accounting or business management or related field with minimum three years of work experience or bachelor’s degree in accounting or business management or related field with minimum five years of experience
- Knowledge and experience with finance and grant management system
- Knowledge on government’s legal requirement and applicable policy provisions
- Experience with USAID contract and grants management
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Computer Literate (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Resourceful in resolving problems and initiating solutions
- Fluency in English and Nepali (spoken, written, typing)
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. July 10, 2022.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.