Website Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH invites applications from suitable and qualified professional for the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Programme (REEEP). REEEP is technical cooperation project agreed between the Government of Nepal (GON) and the Federal Republic of Germany. With support of the GIZ, REEEP is executed by the Ministry of energy, Water Resources and irrigation and set outs improve the preconditions for planning and implementation of measure for the promotion of renewable energy and the efficient use of energy in Nepal. The main objective of REEEP is to create the regularity institutional and private sector conditions for disseminating renewable energy and raising energy efficiency in Nepal. The Finance and Administration Officer will also support POSTED/DKTI, which improves the legal, institutional and technological prerequisites for the dissemination of solar technologies for climate-friendly economic development in Nepal.
Position: Finance and Administration Officer
Duty Station: Kathmandu
- Preparation and condition of vouchers for all banking transactions, recording of banking transactions in GIZ system
- Collection of original VAT invoices and TDS deduction on payment if and when required
- Support in the processing of Consultancy Contracts, Grant Agreements, Financing agreements, Local Subsidies etc
- Support in the operation of office, coordination, and steering of activities in administration
- Support in the procurement of materials, goods, and services
- Support national and international experts, visitors, and consultants with all issues related to administration
- Support in budget-planning of the program
- Support program staff to organize workshops/seminars/trainings, meetings, and any other program including logistics support for preparation/implementation and assist in planning and documentation of the same
- Support in arrangement of field visits-travel and logistics
- Support in settlement of travel like travel advance, check invoices, reimbursement, etc
- Maintain filing system in accordance with GIZ rules, regulation, and data management system
- Take over and carry out any additional tasks assigned by the supervisor
Required qualification and experience:
- Master’s degree in management, business studies/business administration, or similar qualification
- At least 8 years of total working experience in finance and administration, or similar qualification
- 5 years of working experience with donor-funded projects/international organization
- Good understanding of Government of Nepal tax/VAT regulations and policies
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with project staff, government counterparts, implementing partners, and vendors
- A good team player and works in diverse teams
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Nepali (both written and verbal)
Interested candidates are requested to send a completed application including CV and two referees to the email address <firstname.lastname@example.org> no later than by 09.12.2021. Only applications sent by email will be accepted . Please write in the subject line while applying by position: For “Ref.Nr.21006 Finance and Administration Officer”.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for written test and interview. No telephone inquiries will be entertained . The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
The salary and social benefits will correspond to the GIZ rule applicable to national staff. Especially women and candidates from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply.
Source: The Himalayan Times, 1 December, 2021