Website Garima Capital Limited
Functional Title: Senior Research Associate
Corporate Position: Management Trainee
Required Nos: 1
Garima Capital Limited is a Merchant Banker, licensed by Securities Board of Nepal (SEBON) to render ‘Portfolio Management Services’ (PMS). It has also obtained Depositary Participant License from CDS & Clearing Ltd. to render DP Services. Company is on the verge of obtaining full-fledged Merchant Banking License including Mutual Fund Manager License. The Company is located at Kamal Pokhari Ward-01, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Our core team comprises of qualified finance professionals which shall enable us to provide prompt and thorough service to our valued Clients. We encourage an open and collaborative working environment in which everyone has the opportunity to deliver her or his best. We foster professionalism, excellence, cooperation among our employees and high standards of business ethics.
We are searching for a senior research associate to assist investment management team in regard to the investment decision. Being at this position you will assist the Company’s investment management team in critical evaluation of potential equity investments. Senior Research Associate must do the brunt of the valuation and sensitivity analysis work on their own. Other aspects of research associate work involve producing financial models, evaluating public information, and gathering any other available forms of data.You should have problem-solving expertise and a broad knowledge of the stock market to successfully interpret data into meaningful recommendations in regard to buying or selling certain equity investments.
This position reports directly to the Head –Research and Product Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a Senior Research Associate includes the following:
- Research securities of target industries and companies to provide investment recommendations
- Conduct analysis of various Company’s financial data, news and other information to identify opportunities presented by the market.
- Analyze company-specific, industry and macro-economic information from various sources, including regulatory filings, company investor relations websites, third-party research, online sources, newspapers, books, databases, etc., and from speaking with management teams and industry experts.
- Perform Financial Modeling of companies for identifying the trend, prospects and viability of investment.
- Develop and write research reports and publications to be presented to management or other stakeholders.
- Timely communicate about the market events, companies’ events, announcements, developments etc.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial services industry happenings and current events.
- Analyze and interpret the published reports, news and other publicly available data.
- Assist the supervisor in the attendance of the programs, seminars and training sessions.
- Conduct primary research from industry sources
- Develop business relationship with the market participants to identify the opportunities and risks presented by the market.
- Perform a company valuation by taking into account the growth of the company and other performance parameters.
- Attend the daily and weekly meetings of the Department and share the market analysis and outlook.
- Evaluate potential equity investments.
- Simplify dense and complex financial data.
- Compile financial statement analysis.
- Identify key challenges and develop appropriate solutions.
- Organizing and storing data for future research projects.
- Any other work assigned by senior officials.
Qualification and Experience:
- MBA or equivalent. Degree with at least first division or CGPA of 3.30 or above on scale of 4.
- Age not exceeding 32 years.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Research and Analytical Skills.
- Strong fundamental and technical analysis skill.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis.Excellent research and writing abilities.
- Knowledge of securities and investment markets.
- Ability to work under stress and rush circumstances.
- Ability to work for long stretched hours.
- Leadership and teamwork.
- Adaptable and Flexible.
- Strong work ethics and positive attitude.
- Punctual and self-motivated.
- Sound Microsoft office knowledge and skills.
- Comfortable with finance, accounting and capital market related terminologies.
Salary and Benefits:
As per Company’s Policy.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their formal application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th September, 2022 (27th Bhadra, 2079) before 17:00 hours.
Selected Candidates are required to attend written exam and interview. The company retains the right to reject one or all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever.