Website United Mission to Nepal (UMN)
United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation that aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards the fullness of life. As we serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in eight districts (six clusters and two hospitals), building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified, and empowered individuals and transformed communities.
Funding Management Officer
Required No.: 1 (Kathmandu)
The job holder will be responsible for communication, coordination, and organisation of funding related information such as proposals, budgets and project reports in order to attract the funding required to enable UMN to fulfil its strategy.
Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or equivalent;
- At least three years of working experience in a not-for-profit organisation;
- Some cross-cultural work experience would also be beneficial;
- Excellent command of written & spoken English (capable to edit documents in both the languages);
- Capability to train and develop other staff.
Project Manager – Resilient Livelihoods (Climate-change Impacts Mitigation & Adaptation for Environmental Sustainability Project) (Women only
Required No.: 2 (Doti and Bajhang)
The main purpose of this position is to ensure successful implementation of the ClimateChange Impacts, Mitigation & Adaptation for Environmental Sustainability (CLIMATES) Project and to contribute to the UMN’s Cluster strategy through effective capacity-building, relationship-building, project management, and providing technical expertise.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science/Climate Change/ Sustainable Development/ Agriculture/Disaster Management or relevant degrees;
- Three years of working experience for a Master’s degree holder and five years of working experience for a Bachelor’s degree holder in integrated project management is required with a particular focus on climate change impact mitigation and adaptation;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding on the issues of environment sustainability, climate change adaptation, and resilience livelihoods in the context of rural Nepal;
- Strong experience of project management including planning, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, and developing concept notes and proposals;
- Experience in Integrated project management and participatory bottom-up project designing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Familiar with up-to-date poverty eradication strategies, right-based approach, policies, and development practices in Nepal and international;
- Experience in managing projects through the local partner organisation;
- Skilled in coordination and networking with local and district stakeholders ;
- Experience in working in remote areas in a cross-cultural environment;
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Nepali. Both writing and speaking must be of an excellent standard.
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN policy.
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for these positions. The Job Descriptions and Application Forms can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy.
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com latest by 4:00 pm on Tuesday, 30 November 2021. Only short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
We especially encourage applications from women and marginalised groups. However, for the Project Manager position, only women candidates will be considered.
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 17 November, 2021