The Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FNCCI) is the nationally and internationally recognized umbrella organization of business in Nepal. Organized as a representative body of business organizations in the country, it represents the interests of the private sector and is involved in promotion of socio-economic development of Nepal through private sector led economic growth.
The Executive Committee seeks a highly qualified and committed individual to serve as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), with a core fiduciary mandate to oversee FNCCI finances and administrative functions.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Position: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Division: Financial Management / Administration
Employment Type: Contract
Reports to: Director General
Overall Scope of Job:
CFO needs to maintain a high-level view of the FNCCI and the environment and demonstrate a range of specific skills and attributes in a variety of different roles and responsibilities. He/ She leads the Financial Management and has overall responsibility for FNCCI financial management and administrative activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures adherence to all financial management policies and by-laws of the FNCCI and related documents.
- The CFO will provide essential input for financial planning, monitoring and evaluation to ensure all finances are grounded in sound business management to enhance cost- effectiveness of FNCCI’s activities.
- Reviews and updates a financial management operation manual, which outlines all procedures necessary for financial management operations, documents sound internal controls, and designates the officials that have the authority to approve obligations, verify receipt of goods and services, and execute payments.
- Prepare financial statements as per prevailing accounting standards and FNCCI accounting policies and facilitateregular auditing of FNCCI financial statements and financials of Projects operated by FNCCI.
- Keep the organization informed on pertinent financial issues and regulatory matters, and provide financial input for program review and evaluation
- In coordination with the Director General, estimate the future period cash flow requirements, and ensures that all accompanying reports are delivered according to the required schedule.
- Oversee automated accounting and financial management system. As necessary, manages system updates and improvements in coordination with external consultants.
- Plans and oversees audit requirements and ensures audit findings are resolved timely.
- Develops and manages all program accounting reports, including special reports required.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures that funds of FNCCI’s and projects have been utilized in accordance with approved budgets and incompliance with donor requirements.
- Supports preparation of FNCCI’s annual program budget.
- Monitors expenses against budgets to ensure adequate resources and control of funds.
- Provides budget related information to the management of FNCCI.
- Supervises the processing and analysis of project-related expenses and ensures that they are in accordance with approved budget and FNCCI’s policies.
Administration & Operations
- Manages and reviews the work of related personnel and ensure quality of outputs.
- Directly supervise all finance and administration personnel, support staff and relevant finance and investment consultants, and ensure FNCCI’s smooth functioning.
- Oversee the Human Resource Department of FNCCI.
- Reviews and provides advice to contracts related to the day-to-day operations of FNCCI.
- Performs other tasks and special projects as assigned.
- Direct all procurement and payroll administration and management process of FNCCI.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Technical Competencies):
- Chartered Accountant from any recognized institution with minimum three years’ experience.
- Proven ability to oversee and manage daily operations of a financial management unit.
- Ability to develop complex budgets and manage related financial transactions.
- Experience in developing and managing financial management processes, preferably involving development-partner assistance.
- Experience in managing financial statements, managing costs and controlling risks.
- Experience in instilling a financial discipline within the organization, while dealing complex internal and external regulations.
- Knowledgeable about taxation issues especially relevant to development organizations.
- Excellent command of English and Nepali languages, both written and spoken.
- Excellent communication, coordination skills, management and supervisory skills; demonstrated ability to interact and collaborate with people across departments, divisions and institutions.
This Position Description is subject to revisions/updates as necessary to ensure alignment to the organization’s strategic direction and structure. Revisions to the description are subject to applicable Human Resources policies and procedures, and official versions of each Position Description are maintained by Human Resources.
Salary package will be negotiable based on the candidate’s qualification and experience.
Interested candidates are requested to send their cover letter and resume at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The application needs to be received latest by July 10, 2022 (Sunday).
This position is open to all the interested applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process(es).
Note: FNCCI reserves the right to select/reject any application on its own discretion