Website People in Need
Location: PIN Nepal mission, Field office at Chapur, Rautahat
Reports to: Finance Manager
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organization founded in the Czech Republic in 1992. PIN arrived in Nepal as part of a humanitarian response to the April 25, 2015 earthquake. Since its inception in Nepal, PIN has had a strong role advocating and addressing the needs of marginalized populations. This includes people who live in geographically remote areas of Nepal, people who are from historically marginalized ethnic groups, and those marginalized because of their age and/or gender identity (women and girls). More recently, PIN has also supported Nepal’s post-earthquake reconstruction efforts ensuring that the most vulnerable people are not left behind. PIN is strongly committed for safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, including people with disability, in line with its safeguarding framework and child protection policy
Scope of work
Under the direct supervision of Finance Manager, Cashier/Logistic Assistant will support day-to-day field based tasks related to finance, administration and logistics. S/he will be responsible to manage petty cash register, fleet management, office operation and other finance and logistic related tasks at field office. S/he should always adhere to PIN Code of Conduct and key policies including Child Protection Policy and Safeguarding Policy.
Main Responsibilities/detailed task
Field cash management:
1. In charge of field office-Chapur petty cash register
- Responsibility for the field petty cash box in Chapur including cash planning and holding sufficient cash balance for smooth project implementation
- Posting cash vouchers into the Navision
- Providing and clearing advances of the PIN staff
- Responsibility for correctness and sufficiency of the respective accounting documentation (receipts, PIN forms) which is going to be paid/reimbursed including revision of the correct project and budget line codes
- Translation of documents from/to English if needed
- Following NPL Mission Financial and Admin Guidelines, financial security rules and other internal guidelines (e.g. approving processes)
- Preparing regular cash counts and mandatory quarterly cash reconciliations for ELO
- Archiving soft copies in PIN Cloud and delivering hard copies to KTM Office for archiving.
2. Assistance to Logistics department:
- Work closely with downstream partners and PIN Program staff to ensure high quality stock control and record-keeping takes place
- Maintain following logistical tasks for Chapur office:
1. Fixed and non fixed asset register,
2. Fleet management
3. Procurement and purchases
4. IT management;
5. office management
- Negotiation with local suppliers in coordination with Ktm logs team
- Ensure that financial documents have necessary logistics forms attached (e.g. quotations, purchase request, purchase order where appropriate)
- Archive logistics documents in the PIN Cloud
- Ensure office buildings and facilities are well maintained and utilities are working well.
- Manage office and other facilities’ keys and accesses. Keep up to date records and spare keys.
- Ensure all furnishing and non-IT equipment are in good working conditions at all times.
- Ensure adequate and timely supply of stationary and other consumables at the office.
- Supervise suppliers responsible for office maintenance (cleaner, cook, security guard, etc.).
- Ensure warehouse and facilities are well maintained and utilities are working well.
- Ensure warehousing equipment are in good working conditions at all times.
- Ensure safe storage and security of stocks.
- Manage receipt, warehousing and distribution of stocks as per project requirements.
- Conduct periodical and year end physical stock count.
- Reconcile stock inventories with accounting and program departments.
- Ensure proper maintenance of stock/warehouse documentation
Fixed and non-fixed asset registry
- Ensure fixed and non-fixed assets are recorded and managed as per PIN policies and procedures.
- Archive liability agreements with responsible holder of assets (physical and ELO).
- Perform periodical and year end asset inventory physical verification.
- Support in Reconciliation of assets inventories with accounting (Navision) and program departments.
- Ensure IT facilities are well maintained and working well (server, networking, internet, data security, etc.).
- Ensure IT equipment are in good working conditions at all times.
- Supervise supplier responsible for IT consultant
- Support Local Partner Coordinator in field activities monitoring, reviewing supporting documents at partner office.
- Any other ad hoc financial, administrative and logistics tasks as required and assigned by line manager.
- at least 3 years of working experience in the relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
- Knowledge of Local language of Prov-2
- Sound knowledge of local market of Prov-2
How to Apply
Submit an updated CV and Motivation letter to the following link before 13th November 2022. Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis and should a suitable candidate be found before the official closing date, the advertisement might be withdrawn prior to the deadline thus early submissions are strongly encouraged. No phone calls will be entertained.
PIN promotes equal opportunities. Women, Dalit, Minorities (ethnic, sexual & gender), Janajati and candidates from Madhesh Province are strongly encouraged