Sanepa Heights Rd, Lalitpur 44600, Nepal
The Why: NEPAL aspires to graduate from least developing country to a lower-middle-income country by 2030. However, the development community’s excessive focus today on socio-political empowerment has not yielded the desired economic transformation. In reaching the 2030 national target, shall we wait for institutions of power to become accountably productive or shall we bolster innovations of people to bring inclusive prosperity? And, shall we strengthen grassroots-government collaboration in shaping an equal and enterprising future?
The How: DAAYITWA ABHIYAAN strives for an enterprising Nepal where every individual has opportunities for a prosperous future. Focused on promoting economic empowerment, we aim to nurture an enterprising mindset – which is about working hard, taking risks, and being creative – in development change-agents. Driven by principles of economic justice, community engagement and financial sustainability, the Abhiyaan comprises four organizations.
1. Daayitwa – an NGO that promotes domestic youth employment by accelerating rural youth entrepreneurs to create jobs and supporting the government to implement evidence-based enterprise development policies
2. Nepal Leadership Academy – a non-profit company that develops an enterprising mindset in change-agents by growing their leadership and management capabilities.
3. Governance Lab – a for-profit research firm that enables the government and the private sector to make decisions by conducting evidence-based research and connecting researchers and decision-makers
4. Daayitwa-US – a US-based non-profit that engages and empowers Nepali diaspora in the US as change agents and strengthens local and global collaboration to promote socio-economic development in Nepal
In the last 9 years, we have accelerated 85 rural youth entrepreneurs (45 women) in 3 provinces (Province 3, 4 and 5) to embrace innovation, access investment, grow income and create employment. Leveraging the grassroots learning, we have supported 141 youth trained in 30 countries around the world to support 51 government organizations and 24 parliamentarians with entrepreneurship and employment policy research. We have conducted more than 60 leadership courses for over 700 participants to build their capacity to lead teams and architect innovative solutions. We have conducted research on various topics such as MSE growth, dignity of labor and COVID19-related financial and health issues in order to support federal and provincial governments to make evidence-based policy decisions. We have organized Nepali diaspora and friends of Nepal to financially support more than 100 NGOs to grow their social impact. At Daayitwa Abhiyaan, we are determined to continue accelerating business, policy and civic entrepreneurs to promote employment, entrepreneurship and economic growth, while shaping a campaign that nurtures an enterprising mindset in the nation.
The What: YOU, as the Finance & Admin Intern, will assist the Finance Coordinator to provide the Finance, Coordinator in the following activities:
- Assist the Finance & Admin team in asset verification and stock keeping
- Support in day to day financial transactions record keeping
- Assist in collecting and checking all financial vouchers and supporting documents
- Ensure that all bank and cash transactions are made after review and approval
- Responsible for filing and maintaining staff documents
- Provide administrative support in areas such as procurement, contract maintenance, records management, etc.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Finance Coordinator.
YOU must be a fun, people-loving, growth-oriented, impact-minded, young dynamic team-player with the following qualifications:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or other related fields with preferably 1 year of work experience.
- Understanding of social issues related to economic prosperity, income generation, and community-driven development
- Independence in working on complex problems in the field of specialization consistently applying creativity and independent judgment
- Strong motivation and organizational/time management skills.
- Learning attitude and able to encourage a learning environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Nepali and English
- Proficiency in computer usage, particularly in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, including drive for paying meticulous attention to details in reports and presentations
- Determined to work hard, take risks and fail forward
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines during pressure
- Proactive and practical approach to problem-solving and managing conflicts
- Teamwork attitude, including facilitating open communication
Preferred Qualification: Expertise in financial management and accounting, including creating financial statements, using accounting software and following the tax policies of the Nepal Government.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be notified**
Compensation: Daayitwa will provide a monthly stipend to the Intern.
Expenses: Lunch & Travel expenses covered by the office as per needed.
Duration: 3 months
Apply Before: 4th November 2022
To Apply: Interested candidates must submit a CV and a cover letter.
Click on I’m Interested to send us your portfolio.