Website Plan International
Finance Coordinator- Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship Development (YEED) project
Number of Vacancies: 1
Functional Area: Finance
Reports to: Finance Specialist – Regional office East
Location: Dhanusha ( Regional Office East)
Travel required: Yes
Type: Fixed-Term Employment until August 2025 based in Regional Office-East (Dhanusa)
ABOUT PLAN INTERNATIONAL
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners in over 75 countries. Our programs are underpinned by a core of defined values, including transparency and accountability, team collaboration, inclusion and integration, as well as the overall ambition to empower girls and young women as legacy.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978 and developed a strong reputation as a respected development and humanitarian actor helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 11 districts in Nepal.
Plan International Nepal has a vision for 2030 as “an inclusive, just and safe society where all girls and young women enjoy their rights and live in freedom”. This is coupled with the ambition of taking action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive as “Girls and young women in all of their diversity reach their full potential as equal and active citizens” by 2023. The country strategy is put into action through the implementation of three interrelated program areas defined as follows:
LEARN: the “Education and Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship (SOYEE)” program aims to assist vulnerable and excluded girls and young women in adapting and thriving in a changing climate;
LEAD AND DECIDE: the “Youth as Active Drivers of Change and Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR)” program aims to empower girls and young women in leading change, having control over their bodies and making informed decisions; and
THRIVE: the “Early Childhood Development (ECD), Child Protection and Child Poverty” program enhances vulnerable and excluded children, especially girls, to be valued and cared for without discrimination, fear and any forms of violence.
Plan international Nepal seeks candidates who practice feminist leadership, promote diversity, actively seek innovative solutions for problems, courageously and respectfully share their opinions and ideas, break down barriers and engender cross-department collaboration, practice active listening, maintain confidentiality, build trust and are passionate about children’s rights and equality for girls.
The Finance Coordinator (Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship Development (YEED) project in Dhanusha, Janakpur) will be responsible for the effective project finance management to ensure that project activities of implemented are at the best quality with the most competitive costs and they respond to CO, NO and GH Policies and procedures incompliance with donor’s condonation. Position is based in Dhanusha, Janakpur under Regional Office-East. This position have effectively coordinate with Finance department of regional office east and Country finance team. Active coordination with relevant program team and other function is necessary.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
Undertakes vital role for overall project financial management of Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship Development (YEED) project. Take leads role of financial management including monitoring, coaching and capacity development of implementing partner’s finance staffs. He/ She also ensures the full compliance of operational manual, internal control system, donor’s requirements, income tax act and rules along with related circulars and directives.
- Ensure timely and correctly booking of expenses to project.
- Ensure Cost recovery and apportion cost booked on monthly basis.
- Ensure donor’s conditions are complied with in financial management
- Ensure accurate and complete report prepared and submitted on time – monthly and as per donor’s due date,
- Support to Regional office
- Work in close coordination with other finance team member.
- Work closely with project Specialists/ Project officer.
- Frequent field visit- partners monitoring in coordination with Regional finance team
- Submit monthly burn rate report to project team in order to control over spending or under spending of the project budget effectively.
- Ensure the availability of budget before the payment is done.
- Support to other finance team to accelerate regional office and Country Office transaction.
- Partners Assessment and Financial training and orientation to partners’ staff under this project.
Delegations/ No. of Reports:
Effectively Operate the SAP – Grants finance module
- Perform relevant area of SAP function.
- Generate SAP reports on time and properly reviewed for correctness.
- Conduct accurate review of Year end schedule in coordination with RO FS and Co FC.
- Use ZALT and partner advance maintenance as per partner financial report.
- Prepare correct financial report and submit to project team with burn rate and phasing budget analysis
- Submit relevant financial report on monthly basis.
- Complete donor’s financial report in compliance with donor’s conditions within in due date.
- Periodic review of SAP data, ensure that all cost codes are correct, and complied with.
- Periodic review of BI online report and ensure financial report is reconciled with BI online report.
- Review and consolidate critical financial information (annual budgets, reports) within tight timelines
- Support to Financial Specialist for other reporting as need base.
Donor compliance and financial management.
- Comply with donor’s condition on partner financial management.
- Review partners finance system and suggest area for improvement.
- Ensure that partners have sound internal control system and it is effectively comply with. Suggest corrective action to strengthen the internal control system in partners.
- Recommend for improvement, make regular follow up for compliance.
- Ensure compliance of terms and conditions of partner’s agreement.
- Ensure partner advance is liquidated before financial year close/grant close.
- Post requires a high level of coordination within the regional office and with the country programme.
- Needs to solve problems on financial matters.
Project financial monitoring
- Ensure spending is done in line with approved project budget.
- Burn rate meet in line with phase budget.
- Timely cost recovery of project – periodic reconciliation of cost recovery charging.
- Timely charge PU specific direct-shared cost in project.
- Full compliance of SAP requirement.
- Ensure compliance of Anti-Fraud and Anti-Bribery and corruption policy.
Closing of Grants project
- Timely review donor’s conditions/ Grants conditions for closing of grants on financial part.
- Complete step by step task for closing of grants in finance part.
Support for grants audit to team.
- Support to conduct grant project audit.
- Support to follow up on Audit Action.
Ensure Plan International’s CPP and GEI policies
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s Degree with 1-2 years of related experience or Bachelor Degree with 2-3 related experience in Finance/Accounting
- Proven experience in dealing with audit, tax related matters and issues and foreign exchange
- Clear understanding of the development sector, its operating and regulatory environment ( in Nepal)
- Clear understanding of the socio/political economic and cultural issues of Nepal, specifically post located districts of the country.
- Clear in-depth technical and practical knowledge and understanding of the relevant job domain.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated analytical, independent and strategic thinking;
- Strong communication, coordination and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and trustworthy relations for influencing;
- Experience in managing time and resource constraints;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English and Nepali in order to communicate complex and technical information to technical and general audiences; and
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc.
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximize long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
The position is based at Regional Office- East, Dhanusha and requires travel to project sites and Partner offices.
LEVEL OF CONTACT WITH CHILDREN
Low contact: no contact or very low frequency of interaction.
Say Yes ! To Keeping Children and Young people safe and Protected.
Application Deadline: Thursday 15th of September 2022
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 2 September, 2022