Website Save the Children
Finance Coordinator – (22000538)
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and future we share. Save the Children expects that anyone associated with it abides by its Safeguarding and other Zero Tolerance Policies.
This position holder is responsible for monthly Financial Reporting, Budget and Cash Forecasting of EFO. To supervise the two Project Offices Financial Management. To ensure Partner NGOs financial reports are accurate, timely submitted accounted at system accordingly. Reconcile all the partner Expenditure between two organization and provide guidance. Prepare capacity building plan for partner NGOs staff and execute accordingly. Coordinate other finance team members and prepare plan for partner monitoring based on RBM. Frequently coordinate with Budget Holders and partner and SCI field office partner team. Support in preparation of the Sub Award agreement/amendment of partner NGOs and close out documentation. The position holder requires managing and supervising the subordinates.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Sr. Finance and Award Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
Role Dimensions: The position holder will be directly works with project coordinators and budget holders on finance related matters. H/she will also closely coordinate with supply chain department on procurement and payment procedure. There will be around 10 partner NGOs and 40 SC staff to be directly linked for day to day work.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Prepare monthly and year end financial report to country office within set time and prescribed format.
- Perform single account reconciliation at Agresso and monthly Bank Reconciliation
- Reconcile balance sheet items in Agresso of EFO cost centre monthly and implement the action plans.
- Periodical Advance Tracking for settlement
- Staff Travel Claim/Advance Settlement Review and Entry
- Agresso Data Coding, Review, and Reclass
- Monthly Project BvA Preparation and send to Budget Holders
- Ensuring sufficient fund availability in FO and timely payment to vendors from CO
- Prepare Fund Utilization Statement of partner each month and send to country office each month while requesting fund to partners.
- Prepare Fund Requirement of FO and its units for current and subsequent months to determine accurate cash requirement
- Prepare EFO Cash Forecasting for FO and partners each month and send to country office each month while cash forecasting for subsequent month.
Control and Compliance
- Ensure compliance of local laws and donor requirements of field offices and partners of the region
- Ensure the financial management system is in accordance with Donor’s & SCI guidelines, International & National Accounting Standards.
- Coordinate for plan and facilitate audit functions, including taking action on follow up and implementation of audit recommendations. As a part of improvement, arrange session to address capacity gap reported during audit.
- Perform Risk based monitoring (RBM) rating on yearly basis of partners. Support in Annual Partner monitoring plan based on RBM risk matrix.
- Provide technical support to SCI Finance Officers on Agresso and Excel Training. Support them for smooth voucher verification of partners.
- Provide technical support to Partner NGO on Financial Management, Excel Training and FAMAS Software.
- Orientation Plan for New SCI Staff and provide SCI Forms and Formats. Keep the orientation plan updated.
- Provide support to SCI Staff on Excel Training, Budget Planning and Codes.
- Ensure all the finance documents are in proper place with innovative documentation.
- Ensure all the Sub award agreements, PNGO MFRs and Legal documents received and filed.
- Collaborate with Budget holders on sub-award budgeting for partners. Review sub-award budget as per requirement of project. Ensure completeness and competitiveness of sub-award budget. Support budget holders to guide or prepare budget for partners.
- Support to prepare the Supply Chain Unit on Operation Budget Template and Consolidation periodically.
- Support in preparation of SoF Compilation Template.
- Collaborate with CO-Finance to implement recent updates and changes while managing parter finance. Work closely with the department for growth model of partners.
- Review monthly financial report of NGOs, summarize the transactions to enter on Agresso, provide corrective feedback with monthly reconciliations.
- Ensure all the expenditure of PNGO & SCI reconcile and update accordingly.
- Make necessary plan to support PNGO monitoring & Voucher verification plan based on Risk Matrix.
- Schedule NGOs visit, review system, and assist in capacity building of partners through coaching/training/orientation/reviewing documents/updating new policies etc.
- Conduct partner monitoring on quarterly basis as per yearly plan . Ensure that the accounting is maintained in line with donors and SCI procedures, and with national and international accounting standards. Adhere the organizational policy, procedures, local laws and donor’s requirement. Ensure robust internal control system exists within partner organization.
- Ensure proper documentation of partner renewal documents, agreements, meeting minutes, reports, responses and vouchers as per requirement of electronic or hard copies.
- Support in Subaward Agreement and Amendment preparation & Partner Personnel Vetting
- Perform as a team member to provide financial point of view for sub-award arrangements including expression of interest, proposal review, PAT assessment etc whenever required.
- Ensure all SCI sub-award related vouchers are scanned and uploaded in given system.
- Participate into sub-award orientation or kick off and provide clarity on budgeting, compliance and donor regulation.
- Provide sub-award finance progress update to the budget holders on monthly basis. Support budget holders on partner related compliance guidance and decision making as required.
- Ensure all partner monitoring, capacity building, reporting, observation closure and escalation process are completed on timely manner.
- Ensure hard copy PNGO MFRs are uploaded in SharePoint for Award Unit in timely manner.
- Support in Grant Close Out Checklists and Final Financial Documents
- Manage the Documents required by Award & FPA Units
- As per priorities and requirements of organization and as authority delegated by line Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Studies (Management)
- At least 3 years (2 years for GSI group) of experience in related field.
- Time management, interpersonal skill and working skills on FAMAS.
- Planning & Budgeting skills
- Program & Partnership understanding
- Training/Coaching Skills
- Proactive and innovative with learning attitude
- Analytical and cost conscious
*GSI group include Female, Dalit, Madhesi, People with Disabilities and other indigenous/minorities.
Required No.(s): 1(Nepali Citizens only)
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Based in Bardibas, EFO
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jul 9, 2022