Saathi, an apolitical and non-governmental organization, has long been crusading against gender-based violence in Nepal. It has been working for the safety, security and empowerment of violence survivor women and girls since its establishment in 1992. As an organization committed to the elimination of all forms of violence meted about against women and girls in the country, it focuses on tackling trafficking, unsafe migration, child marriage, domestic violence and sexual and gender-based violence. The organization is also running the interventions in addressing internal trafficking of the young children and girls, specially in the adult entertainment sector. Saathi is now going to implement Supporting Children, Adolescents and Youth At Risk Of And Survivors Of Exploitation. In Nepal (UTTHAN)” under the auspices of The World Education Inc (WEI). The project aims to reach out and provide protection services, including psychosocial counselling and training for the children trafficked internally and children in exploitative child labor such as in the adult entertainment sector. The project will build the capacity of the children at risk and survivors providing them with educational, life skills or vocational trainings. Therefore, Saathi invites application from interested and able candidates for the following posts for the project mentioned above
No. of Vacancy: 01
Start date: 1 December, 2021
Duration: 9 months (Fixed Term)
Report to: Program Officer
Primary Roles and responsibilities but not limited to:
- Assists management in day-to-day operations by providing financial and administrative support.
- Comply and sort documents, such as invoices and checks while keeping financial records.
- Keep all financial transaction accurately with all fact and real supporting document and maintain all transaction records in software.
- Make reconcile time to time with bank.
- Be attentive and careful in issuing advances, travel allowance and clearing advances.
- Assists with the preparation of information requested or required for compliance.
- Assist staff with monthly timesheet and staff transportation claim forms.
- Maintain and keep the proper record filing of clearing taxes to government on time.
- Prepare and assist in making audit report on time.
- Provide budget, financial report to board member and team members and donors as per requirement.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation
- Oversee facilities services, maintenance activities at office.
- Organize and supervise other office activities if needed.
- Ensure operations adhere to policies and regulations of organization.
- A least a Bachelor degree in management
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in related field
- Should have good knowledge of accounts, taxation and accounting terminologies
- Effective team working skills
- Computer literacy-Ms Word, Ms Excel.
- Familiarity with accounting software packages.
Interested candidates for above all the positions are requested to send their C.V (not more than 2 pages) along with a cover letter (including expected salary for this position),
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 November 2021 (17:30 hours Nepali Time)
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Selected candidates should be present with their academic credentials and training certificates on the day of interview.