Organization: Action Nepal
Action Nepal is a non-governmental humanitarian organization, established in 2000 AD in Dhading with a view to develop the socio-economic status of Nepalese people especially residing in rural area. It has paid its especial attention to work with deprived and marginalized people of the country adopting the methods of optimum utilization of local resources and technology. Action Nepal is seeking candidates who demonstrates developed communication and influencing skills, excellent knowledge of area of work and increasingly contribute to team planning, proactively assumes more responsibility and/or more difficult areas of work in agreement with manager.
Action Nepal, a highly recognized NGO is searching for the potential candidates for a project supported by Dan Church Aid for Dhading district.
Position: Finance and procurement Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Overall Objective of the Position
The Finance and Procurement officer is responsible for overall management and implementation of the project financial and Procurement Activities at office Level.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Conduct financial review of purchase requests, purchase orders and payment requests to ensure compliance with Action Nepal policies and procedures and project budgets according as per organization rules and regulations.
• Record payment vouchers daily in the Action Nepal accounting system and ensure they are recorded properly in the appropriate batches.
• Record bank payment vouchers and ensure that all bank transactions are properly and fully documented.
• Review expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment
• Continuously monitor open advance report and follow up on the long outstanding advances.
• Prepare monthly reporting package.
• Make necessary arrangement to pay TDS (tax deduction at source) withheld to government on monthly basis.
• Proper documentation of financial reports, procurements, meeting minutes, .
• Documentation of staff personal file and documentation in a detailed manner.
• Documentation of essential data and files in a well and consistent manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum a bachelor’s degree in management, commerce, or business administration,
• Minimum of Four years of experience in Accounting, Finance sector of I/NGOs able to work flexible hours as needed and without constant
• Communication, Coordination and team building skills.
• Should have sound knowledge of tax and vat system
• Excellent in Microsoft office and Excel and other financing & accounting software.
Last date to apply: 9th July, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their latest CV, Educational Certificates and Cover letter to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org addressing to the HR, Action Nepal or drop at Action Nepal’s office within the office time by 9th July, 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Action Nepal is an equal opportunity employer committed to staff composition that reflects the social and ethnic diversity of Nepali society. Applicants from disadvantaged groups, ethnic groups with disabilities and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage will lead to auto disqualification of the applicants.