Website Nathan Associates
Position: Finance and Investment Specialist, International Development
Job Location: Kathmandu
Nathan is seeking a Finance and Investment Specialist candidate for an anticipated business enabling environment project in Nepal, the USAID Udhyam Nepal Activity. The Finance and Investment Specialist will provide leadership, management, and technical direction to the Finance and Investment Services component of the project. The Specialist will lead the implementation of market-based solutions that expand enterprises’ access to targeted financial services and new investments (foreign and domestic). They will engage with banks, MFIs, NBFIs, and other finance stakeholders and facilitate new and innovative financial products and solutions for SMEs and other actors in the selected value chains.
Nathan is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
- Provide professional leadership, direction and support to ensure achievement of programmatic objectives and delivery of high-quality work for Finance and Investment programming;
- Design and manage activities that improve access to finance and investment products and services;
- Lead development of quarterly and annual reporting inputs.
- Supervise and mentor staff;
- Support project leadership in budget planning and program monitoring;
- Work closely with HQ in the USA
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business, International Development, or a closely related field is required;
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience, and prior experience with the private sector is preferred;
- Strong knowledge of Nepal’s socio-economic context;
- Prior experience of providing technical guidance on Access to Finance and Business Development Services programming;
- Prior experience in climate finance preferred;
- Fluency in English preferred
To apply for this job please visit www.nathaninc.com.