Website Panagora Group
Position: Finance and Administration Manager
Job Location: Kathmandu
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) providing novel and integrated solutions in international development, including in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and global health. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, using highly integrated and private sector solutions. Throughout our work, we embrace a virtuous circle of knowledge stewardship, collaborative learning, and application of evidence to heighten and accelerate positive health and development outcomes.
Panagora Group seeks an experienced finance and administration manager for the anticipated five (5)-year USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity. The MEL Activity will provide USAID/Nepal with technical and advisory services for monitoring; evaluations; research, assessments, and data analysis; geographic information services (GIS); and collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) activities.
This is a long-term position based in Kathmandu, Nepal expected to start in Fall 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and manage all field financial policies in compliance with Panagora polices, client policies, and local laws
- Collaborate with the senior office manager to manage office operations, finance and accounting, procurement and purchasing, facilities and office services, in-country travel, and logistics
- Ensure that all invoices are paid in a timely manner and that invoices agree with supporting documentation, including price quotes, purchase requests, purchase orders, timesheets, and contractual documents are in accordance with Panagora and USAID procedures for procurement
- Oversee cash flow, including fund transfers from the home office, local currency exchanges, and petty cash
- Work to reconcile bank accounts in collaboration with the home office and ensure all transactions are captured and completed in the financial accounting system as part of the month-end closing process
- Support national registration and compliance with all mandated tax liabilities and organization registrations
- Review and prepare as necessary country activity travel advances, process travel claims and work with country program staff to resolve accounting-related issues
- Execute audit preparations and timely response to audit requests
- Maintain financial and administrative records and file documents
- Other duties as assigned by the human resources and contracts director
- Minimum associate’s degree or equivalent in accounting, finance or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum three years of experience in financial management and/or accounting
- Knowledge of USAID (or other U.S. government agency) financial and procurement rules and regulations a plus
- Demonstrated capacity to support a financial management or general ledger system with proven attention to detail with accuracy and reliability as key drivers of success
- Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal, and financial compliance requirements associated with USAID funding required
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software, preferably Deltek Costpoint
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task and adapt to frequently changing priorities
- Must be authorized to work in Nepal
- Strong English and Nepali oral and written communication skills
Reports to: Human Resources and Contracts Director
To Apply: Fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered.
Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
To apply for this job please visit panagoragroup.zohorecruit.com.