Website Care Nepal
Functional Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Responsibility Level / Grade: Central Level Staff
Department/Project/PN: Finance/ ARH Project
Work station: Central Office, Kathmandu
Incumbent’s Name: To be determined
Supervisor/ Principal Evaluator: Finance and Administration Director
USAID Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH) is an adolescent co-led initiative to empower girls and boys, 10-19 years and including the most marginalized, to attain their adolescent reproductive health (ARH) rights. The goal of the program is to support adolescents to reach their full potential by; ensuring they receive correct and appropriate reproductive health (RH) information and guidance to decision-making skills, creating an environment conductive to making healthy reproductive health decisions and facilitating translation of these decisions into healthy behaviors.
Finance and Administration Manager at CARE (across IRs), should be responsible for financial management, including cash flow, budgeting, reporting, and compliance with The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and CARE rules and regulations. S/he is responsible to provide focused capacity support to partners and should engage in the domain of ARH. S/he needs to be an enthusiastic and proactive team leader and should work closely with Senior Managers in key decision-making and policy formulation. S/he should manage overall grant cycle and contracts with proper records, accurately develop donor report tracking mechanism and ensure timely reporting to regulating bodies, support Sub Grants agreements, DDA, reporting and financial monitoring, enhance productivity of the staffs with proper motivation, development, capacity building and monitoring, upholding CARE’s core values and ensuring its principles in the behaviors and programs. The position will be supporting Finance and Admin director in day-to-day financial management, fund management, book keeping and day to operations, logistics and procurement. This position will support field level finance and admin officers and ensure all admin function of the project is in line with CARE and donor policy. The secondary roles, duties and responsibilities of this position would be as per the need/priority of mission in consultation with supervisor.
The employee shall fully comply with CARE policies and procedure and should be accountable for it.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
R1. Lead the day to day Financial Management and donor reporting
- Ensure day to day financial transactions (AP vouchers) are timely entered and documented as per donor regulations
- Fund management: Ensure funds are timely transferred to all partners of the project
- Timely reporting as per donor guidelines
- Ensure VAT compilation and reporting as per donor regulation
- Focal person for single audit conducted by CARE USA for this project
- Develop donor report tracking mechanism to ensure timely reporting
- Review and ensure PeopleSoft generated figures in donor line item mobilizing finance staff available at CO and field
- Review and finalize reporting to regulatory bodies of the GoN like SWC if applicable
- Track the fund request with donor and perform necessary follow up to ensure sufficient fund availability within the CO.
- Ensure all the process relevant for new projects such as IPIA (Individual Program Implementation Agreement) and BAM (Budget Agreement Memorandum) preparation and review, award checklist, AMS coordination, FFATA, DUNS, Fund code /project ID requests, sub-award set up, work flow set up and uploading in PeopleSoft with the help of SSC.
- Coordinate with CI members and CARE-USA to negotiate for finalizing the IPIA.
- Prepare overall organizational operating budget for each fiscal year and support SMT in cost analysis and decision making.
R2. Grants and Contracts Management
- Manage overall grant cycle from pre award phase to post award phase with due support of Finance and Admin Director and program team
- Run query reports monthly in Pamodzi, analyze the budget vs expenditure; quality review and circulate to program team and other stakeholders
- Leads discussions and budget negotiation with support from Finance and Admin Director with local and consortium partners.
- Compile monthly project wise receivables and payables reports, track accuracy of grants and contracts receivable/payable balances and monitor the balance in 190000 for the project
- Ensure and approval of the budget availability of Sub-Grantee before creating new PID and upload in the PeopleSoft
- Update oneself in donor regulations, compliance and support to orient relevant staff
- Monthly analysis of the shared cost (LOE TABLE) for the budget provision in the respective month for the shared program staffs
- Perform smooth close out of the ended awards as required.
- Ensure procurement plan are prepared ( both for goods and services ) and coordinate closely with CO team for further process
- Ensure compliance with asset management policy of CARE as well as donor requirements
- Support in developing the operational guideline for the project and ensure smooth implementation of the same across project
- Support local partners in any administrative issues as required
- Support and ensure smooth administration and logistics management of provincial / sub offices and partners
- Focal person for any government liaison specifically on financial and admin issues/ compliances
- Any other support the project team may require on administrative issues
R4. Sub Grants agreements, DDA, reporting and Financial Monitoring
- Coordinate with Country Office team in assessing the existing template and processes followed for partner’s financial monitoring and develop relevant tools like reporting template, checklist, questionnaire for the monitoring team in line with donor policies
- Review the sub award checklist to ensure accuracy of budget and other financial info and facilitate in sub granting procedure for the project
- Ensure that partners’ expenses are liquidated in timely manner and ensure timely disbursement of funds to the partners.
- Support in DDA of the sub grantee and Preparation of sub grant dashboard.
- While developing the tools, ensure that the tools developed by the Award management Solutions (AMS) department are well considered.
- Assist all the team members to finalize the monitoring plan and have it share it to relevant team members along with Director Finance and Administration.
- Carry out the financial monitoring of partners as per the approved plan, perform assessment of the internal control mechanism and finalize report and provide supports to SGMO wherever necessary.
- Ensure that close out monitoring visit is completed before the grants close out and all the questioned/disallowed costs if any are adjusted.
- Follow up mechanism should be established (Remotely or site visit) in such a way that all the recommendations/actions determined as a result of the monitoring visit are fully implemented by all partners.
- Provide regular training, as relevant, to the staff of sub grantees and if required mobilize team members for on the job training. Support in capacity enhancement of the sub grantees.
R5. Staff Management
- Facilitate APAA of direct reports
- Support staff development and capacity building
- Keep them abreast on current situation and reorient them on new guideline whenever changes occur
- Develop accurate and detailed job descriptions which reflect specific job responsibilities.
- Motivate, train, coach, supervise and mentor staff from time to time to boost their confidence
R6. Upholding CARE’s Core values and ensuring its principles
- Link and demonstrate CARE Nepal’s core values, programming principles, strategic objects, gender equity and equality in programming and behavior
- Comply and exercise organizational values and culture
- Help to promote rights and good governance
Secondary Responsibilities and Task
Primary responsibilities of other positions/ team members within the grants and sub grant monitoring unit will be secondary responsibility for this position. Supervisor/Department head will assign these secondary responsibilities as per the need and priority within the department. Any other duties/responsibilities as per the need/priority of mission in consultation with supervisor.
Spending Authority: NA
Supervision: Direct supervision of Finance, Operation and Monitoring Specialist, Grants and Sub
Grants Specialist and Contracts and Partnership Agreements Manager (HDI)
Based in Kathmandu with estimated 30% travel to project implementing districts.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s degree in relevant area with at least 5 years of relevant experience in Financial management, Administration including procurement, logistics, risk management, budgeting/budget modifications, negotiation, reporting, audit or financial monitoring function in a development organization. Experience working with donors, understanding of basic donor rules and regulations, internal control mechanisms. Proven people management experience.
Skills and knowledge:
- Required knowledge on budgetary analysis i.e. Budget Vs Actual.
- Excellent knowledge of budgeting principles (especially on contract management) and clear understanding of donor’s financial policies, guidelines, rules, regulations, and reporting requirement
- Expert knowledge on audit, review and verification techniques and financial management
- Report writing skill along with basic formatting skill required to prepare report.
- Communication skills including strong verbal and written language skills in both English and Nepali.
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills including working in a team
- Strong coordination, networking and advocacy skills.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of relevant software e.g. Microsoft office and others
- Analytical thinking – Able to analyze and draw conclusion on the budget and actual data of project.
- Initiative – Deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently.
- Team work and People Management – Able to work effectively with other people within a work group
- Writing – Able to communicate ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact
- Communicating and sharing ideas and information – Able to present findings/recommendation and express opinions confidently.
- Planning and organizing – Able to define work goals and objectives; develop and execute work plans; and contribute to the achievement of work group objectives.