Website Abt Associates
Finance and Administration Director
Job Identification: 101103
Job Category: Business Operations
Locations: Abt Associates, Kathmandu, NP
Job Schedule: Full time
Abt Associates is currently seeking a qualified Finance and Administration Director (F&A) for the upcoming Agricultural Input Market Systems (AIMS) activity. This activity focuses on improving the productivity, competitiveness, inclusivity, and resilience of Nepal’s agriculture sector by increasing the availability and accessibility of four critical inputs – improved seed, fertilizer, irrigation, and agricultural equipment. The Agricultural Input Market Systems activity will result in the stabilization of Nepal’s agricultural input market system and reduce the specific barriers faced by women, youth, and marginalized farmers to accessing, utilizing, and benefiting from improved inputs.
Under the supervision of the COP, the F&A will have primary responsibility for financial and administrative management for the Nepal Agricultural Input Market Systems (AIMS) activity, supervision and oversight of all financial and administrative support staff, and establishment of the systems and procedures required to ensure compliance with USAID regulations and local law. This position will also oversee contracts, procurement and subcontracting, budgeting, reporting, human resources (HR), and general administrative support.
The position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal and is contingent upon project award to Abt Associates.
- Oversees the development of administrative and operations management systems and processes required to support activity implementation, ensuring compliance with USAID and Abt policies and regulations.
- Manages implementation of financial, administrative, and HR policies and procedures that meet activity needs and corporate and client requirements.
- Oversees procurement efforts for the activity including selection and negotiation with vendors in compliance with USAID and Abt Associates procurement regulations.
- Ensures compliance with USAID and Abt Associates policies, regulations and procedures governing the activity contract.
- Oversees the project’s Grants Manager and administration of the project’s Grants under Contract component.
- Ensures that the budget and audit projections, expenditure, tracking and reporting are in accordance with USAID and Abt requirements, procedures, and practices for compliance and audits.
- Creates and maintains financial reporting and tracking systems, and provides financial performance updates on activities. Guides the administrative team on annual work planning, and ensure submission of quality operational plans, budgets, and reports.
- Oversees HR management functions including: recruitment, hiring, transition, and termination; benefits administration; performance appraisal; and ongoing performance management.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 12 years’ experience in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or other relevant field required. Master’s preferred.
- Experience with financial and administrative management of international development programs and other donor-funded projects in the field required; USAID finance and administration management experience required.
- Excellent financial management skills and knowledge of latest project management tools and computer applications such as Microsoft Office and Quickbooks.
- Supervisory and/or management work experience including: (1) direct supervision of professional and support staff; (2) quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverable; (3) contract management; and (4) ability to lead large complex programs and motivate multidisciplinary, multicultural teams.
- Experience in Nepal or similar development context, highly preferred.
- Ability to advise teams on new approaches that sustain and/or improve project delivery.
- Ability to sustain timeliness of program delivery amidst adaptations from changing operational demands and client feedback.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English communications skills.
- Nepali nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
To apply for this job please visit egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.