Established in 2009, YUWA is a registered not for profit, purely youth run and led organization working to promote youth participation through empowerment and advocacy. YUWA was born out of a group of committed youths, unofficially working in this sector since 2005. The initial focus was to develop leadership skills of the involved youths, to train as youth activists and to advocate for change, thus resulting into a wide and diverse array of knowledge, skills and experience in this sector. It led to the realization of the seriousness of youth issues and the need to act, which, finally took the shape of YUWA
Position: Finance and Administration Associate/Officer
The Strategic Partnership Right Here, Right Now addresses the limited respect, protection and the hindered fulfillment of the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of young people in 10 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America and in 1 sub-region, the Caribbean.
The RHRN platform in Nepal consists of 15 civil society organizations, including a host organization, YUWA, which is serving as the platform secretariat. The work of the organizations are focused on improving sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of young people in Nepal.
YUWA is a not for profit, youth run, and youth led organization working to promote youth participation through empowerment and advocacy.
Position will be titled as per experience, qualification and skills.
Reports to: Finance and Admin Coordinator
Contract start date: July 2020
Contract Duration: 6-8 months
The position holds responsibilities of overall Administration, Finance, and Logistic management for smooth functioning of RHRN project.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepare vouchers; ensure filling of forms & formats, proper budget coding and generating payment vouchers, cheque writing and banking transactions.
• Timely payments to vendors, staff and settlement of advance, liabilities and receivables etc.
• Regular tracking of bank balance and ensure timely fund transfer.
• Arrange travel logistics for office staff, training participants and consultants including hotel reservation
• Ensure petty cash is managed and replenished according to established petty cash level.
• Maintain & safely keep back up data and finance related documents. Maintain proper documentation.
• Ensure that cheque books and invoices are well accounted for and are kept in safe and secure custody.
• Ensure donor compliances in project implementation
• Monthly Project BVA is prepared and provide required financial information is provided Supervisors.
• Arrange for fund transfer to partners.
• Ensure timely payment of Tax, ETDS and update on monthly basis
• Provide support in the process of external and statutory audits.
• Assist in procurement of project related goods and services.
• Ensure that the logistic supports are provided efficiently.
• Ensure that proper store management is being done and office assets are adequately safeguarded.
• Support bi- annual physical verification.
• Support in the logistics management for training, workshops, and monitoring visits
• Bachelor’s degree in management or business studies with specialization in finance
• At least 2 years of progressive experience in finance, accounting in development sector
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Internet, email)
• Ability to understand and explain financial and administrative policies and procedures.
• Good knowledge and experience of accounting software (Preferred FAMAS)
Last date to apply: 14th June 2020
HOW TO APPLY
To apply submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm 14th June 2020 clearly mentioning the subject line “Application for FAA or FAO”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Written test & Interview will be taken on the same day. Further telephone enquiries will not be entertained.