Website Habitat for Humanity International Nepal
Habitat for Humanity International Nepal’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Habitat for Humanity operates as part of an international network with a common objective of reducing poverty and eliminating substandard housing and homelessness from the world. Habitat for Humanity International Nepal holds the subcontractor status of DAI’s Tayar Nepal project to recruit and mobilize human resources in field offices and eight partner municipalities. The position will be hired by and contracted under Habitat for Humanity International Nepal and work full-time with Tayar Nepal Team.
Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management Project is a USAID Nepal funded project, implemented by DAI. Tayar Nepal is strengthening the capacity of Nepal’s national and municipal institutions responsible for disaster preparedness and response. Tayar Nepal will build the capacity of national and local level systems. Tayar Nepal supports eight municipalities to develop risk-sensitive land use plans and implementation of technical assistance packages to improve disaster preparedness and resilience of the communities. In the event of a disaster over the five-year life of Tayar Nepal, USAID/Nepal may engage the project’s rapid emergency response mechanism. Tayar Nepal works closely with the Government of Nepal and municipalities with the support of its sub-contractors and resource partners to implement activities.
Field Team Director
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: Through July 31, 2022 (Extendable if funding and need permits)
Location: This position could be based in Nepalgunj or Kathmandu
Reports to: Tayar Nepal’s DRRM Specialist/C2 Lead
Field Visits: frequent travel to partner municipalities
Core Function of the position:
The Field Team Director is responsible for ensuring timely and quality implementation of field level activities and writing outcome focused reports for inclusion in Tayar’s weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports. The position is part of an exciting, fast-paced environment, and the selected candidate is required to juggle multiple deadlines, have innovative approaches to DRR, and be able to contribute to a positive teamwork environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and supervise regional field offices’ day-to-day operations and municipal level activities.
- Weekly check in with Municipality Mayors, Deputy Mayors or other personnel to track progress, identify challenges, and solve them.
- Troubleshoot problems, find solutions, keep management involved in key issues
- Proactively identify success stories and interesting innovations to share with Tayar communications team for social media posts, outreach, or other communications efforts.
- Supervise and mobilize Field Officers by providing technical guidance, reviewing and editing reports, and providing detailed updates and reports to supervisor.
- Collect and verify monitoring and evaluation data to ensure accuracy and quality of Tayar’s reports
- Proactively coordinate with Tayar and non-Tayar sub-contractors, grantees and partners to build upon the work of others and ensure no duplication of efforts.
- Provide rapid and quality technical inputs to documents, grant concepts, partner reports and other documents as requested
- Support coordination with municipal bodies for the endorsement and approval processes for RSLUP and Municipal DRRM outputs.
- Coordinate with Tayar’s twining municipalities and provide advisory/technical support as and when needed.
- Take the lead on planning for VIP visits to project sites including schedules, briefing documents, and logistics arrangements
- Other duties assigned by the DRRM Specialist/C2 Lead, Deputy Chief of Party, or Chief of Party
Reporting, Coordination and Location
- The Field Team Director is hired under Habitat for Humanity International Nepal, works full-time with Tayar Nepal Team, reports to Tayar Nepal DRRM Specialist/C2 Lead, and works in close coordination with other Tayar staff.
- This position will require frequent travel to partner municipalities for meetings, events, troubleshooting with field staff.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Results-driven with highly developed interpersonal skills, excellent oral presentation, and writing skills in both English and Nepali Language.
- Able to work effectively in cross-cultural settings; can support, negotiate, and cooperate with those of other cultures and genders
- Ability to proactively manage complex workloads, multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and other relevant software skills.
Education Qualification, Preferences, Professional Experience:
- Preference will be given to qualified women candidates and/or those from disadvantaged communities
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (international development, disaster risk management, rural development.)
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills, with demonstrated ability to write outcome focused reports.
- 10 years of project management, people management and coordination experience.
- Preference given to candidates with experience working in far western Nepal including Province 5, Karnali and Sudurpaschim.
- Strong expertise in coordinating with local governments, NGOs, CBOs, and civil society.
- Knowledge of multi and bilateral donor rules and regulations preferred.
- Understanding of national disaster response framework.
Habitat for Humanity International Nepal is an equal opportunity organization. Women and persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in recruitment. Habitat for Humanity International Nepal reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
Source: Annapurna Post, 21 November, 2021