Organization: CAMRIS International
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, we seek a Governance Expert for the upcoming Mid-Term Evaluation for USAID/Nepal’s Public Financial Management Strengthening Project (PFMSP). The purpose of this Mid-term Evaluation of the PFMSP is to:
• Determine whether the activity is on track to accomplish its intended results and recommend course corrections if necessary.
• Assess the extent to which the activity’s interventions are effective and whether the developmental hypothesis and theory of change remain valid.
• Examine whether the activity’s approaches remain relevant given the evolving federal context, and recommend adjustments, if warranted.
• Assess the degree to which there is early evidence of sustained results.
• Determine whether the activity is advancing on the Mission’s GESI policy.
USAID will use the results of the mid-term evaluation to make necessary course corrections to the activity and to inform future programming decisions.
Position: Enumerators/Field Researchers, Midterm Evaluation of USAID/Nepal’s PFMSP
Number of Vacancies: 3
Job Type: Contract (STTA Consultant)
• Translation and finalization of data collection tools.
• Participate in field researchers’ training
• Participate in pilot testing of data collection tools in the field
• Conduct data collection works in the study areas. Support in gathering data through focus group discussions and key informant interviews with PFMSP stakeholders
• Support evaluation team members in reviewing key documents for this project
• Support in translation and transcribing of field scripts and support in coding of qualitative data
• Support in managing and coordinating data collection activities in the field
• Master’s degree or equivalent preferred in financial management, public policies, organizational development or relevant field from recognized national or international university
• Experience involved in field-based research, evaluation, or assessments, preferably across at least three years
• Field experience working in the development sector preferably focusing on governance activities and capacity building
• Good oral and written communication skills in English and Nepali
Last date to apply: 26th April 2019