Organization: International Republican Institute (IRI)
Position: Field Program Associate – Nepal
Requisition Number: FIELD02151
Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom– We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect– We believe in trust, empathy, and empowering people. Teamwork– We believe in diversity, inclusion, and the power of global collaboration. Transparency– We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability– We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Program Associate is the entry level position for program work at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs in Nepal. This position will be based with our program team in Kathmandu.
- Undergraduate degree in political science, management, international relations or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in international development or related field.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
- International experience preferred.
- Fluency in English and Nepali.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide logistical support for the organization of IRI’s capacity building activities, including provincial capacity building workshops
- Support monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL), including data collection, analysis, and contributes to drafting narrative reports as required.
- Contribute to reports summarizing and analyzing program activities. Tracks program activities to ensure that objectives are met and that activities comply with IRI and donor regulations
- Facilitate meetings with partner organizations, government officials and ministries and other key stakeholders to help ensure program implementation.
- Contribute to monitoring political developments in Nepal and inform the management team on key items and emerging issues.
- Work closely with the Program Manager and IRI DC team to manage the overall program and program deliverables, including the fulfillment of annual workplans, budgets and compliance with donor regulations.
- Contribute to the preparation and presentation of proposed implementation plans, budgets, reporting requirements, and templates as required by USAID.
Bachelors or better in Political Science or related field.
1-2 years: • Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. • Excellent writing, research and communication skills. • International experience preferred. • Fluency in English and Nepali