Position: Field Education Coordinator
Number of Vacancies: 1
Jevaia establishes sustainable, community based rural dental clinics and school-based oral health prevention in Kaski, Parbat and Lamjung districts.
Jevaia Oral Health Care has been operating since 2006. The project establishes sustainable, community-based dental care in the rural primary health care system. Currently JOHC has established 8 rural dental clinics in Health Posts, and covers a working area of appx. 50,000 people. Our program is advocating for our rural oral health care model scaled up through the Health Ministry in all of Nepal’s Health Posts.
The Education Field Coordinator is responsible for supervising concurrent school-based oral health programs in approximately 150 schools, primarily in the Kaski district but with some wards in Lamjung and Parbat. The Education Officer will also work with the Medical Coordination Officer on a village-wide oral health promotion strategy in new areas, primarily through school-based programs and community outreach activities. A major role of the Education Officer is to mobilize local stakeholders and ensure budget allocation and sustainabilitly of the program through the local ministry of health after handover.
This position is a combination of intensive community engagement and government advocacy. It requires significant field time and irregular hours, including overnights in rural areas. The candidate should be prepared to walk long distances, hold meetings sitting in the grass, and stay overnight in simple conditions, as well as brainstorm on health policy questions at the local, regional and central levels.
• Help develop community mobilization calendars, including seminars, school brushing, and other awareness programs; collaborate with the Medical Field Coordinator in supervising clinics and clinic promotion.
• Coordinate with local Team Leaders to ensure proper setup and execution of seminars and community outreach.
• Support a second EFC in supervising the School Brushing Program, including Oral Health Coordinator selection and training, school brushing supervision, and supply management.
• Conduct workshops for village Teams to continually improve teaching style..
• Draft a quarterly brushing-program report.
• Administrative duties and submitting reports from seminars, brushing programs, and other community programs.
• Help to plan an execute an broader advocacy strategy around oral health care in the national primary health care system.
• At least two years of employment experience in program implementation and community mobilization in rural areas. Applications for first-time employment will not be considered.
• Solid understanding of program implementation procedures, such as planning, monitoring, and report writing.
• Teaching or TOT experience, demonstrated ability to create interesting workshops.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
Professional skills, Attitudes and Behavior:
• Excellent team player with a positive attitude, can contribute to a productive environment in an office of just four people.
• Self-motivated, focused, well-organized, confident decision-maker regarding all education-related plans in the field.
• Teaching, training and public speaking skills
• Adaptable, problem-solver, self-motivated to learn new skills, willing to cover responsibilities where needed
• Creative and outgoing
• Very comfortable in rural settings, with knowledge of local government processes
• Thrives in an often unpredictable environment
• Conscientious, punctual, detail-orientated
• Strong writing in both Nepali and English
Computer skills: Microsoft Word, e-mail, Internet, Microsoft Excel, Dropbox and Google docs. Ability to create and format program reports.
• Initial two-year commitment required
• Must be willing to move to Pokhara
• Salary commensurate with experience
Last date to apply: 6th July 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Please review our website before applying. www.jevaia.org
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: VACANCY APPLICATION.
Read the website and facebook page. Show us why you are interested in and qualified to work with Jevaia Oral Health Care.
GENERIC COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Women and candidates of all ethnic groups and religions are especially encouraged to apply. Jevaia does not discriminate based on gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We seek to build a diverse team that represents the varied population of Nepal and the USA.