Website World Vision International
Job Location: Kusunti, KC Tower, Lalitpur
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Reporting directly to the National Director, the main purpose of this role will be as:
1. Provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Office of the National Director.
2. Serves as a liaison to the senior leadership teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects as assign by National Director.
3. Responsible to support advocacy team to coordinate with internal departments and external partners to consolidate, contribute and execute advocacy priorities and initiatives.
4. Responsible to support on monitoring and reporting of “country strategy” implementation ensuring regular updates on external landscape, country situation/context and collation of strategy and annual business plan reports
5. Will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the National Director including:
- managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures ND’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the ND’s time and office. Supports ND’s outreach activities.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of ND, with donors, WVI Nepal staff, and others, on matters related to ND’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the ND, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the ND’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the ND to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping ND updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for ND, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Provides support to WVI Nepal’s advocacy agenda, working closely with and supporting the Advocacy and Campaign Manager on advocacy/campaign related initiatives and priorities. Assists in the implementation of advocacy initiatives, documentation and dissemination of related communication and reports. Support advocacy team to coordinate with internal departments and external partners to consolidate, contribute and execute advocacy priorities and initiatives.
- Provides support to ND and External Engagement and Strategy Director on monitoring and reporting of “country strategy” implementation ensuring regular updates on external landscape, country situation/context and timely collation of strategy and annual business plan reports.
- Works with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating and ensuring the strategy implementation is on track.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Serves as ND’s administrative liaison to WV global and regional SLT, Support Office board of directors, Other country ND, WVIN SLT, Extended SLT and WVIN Staff
- Assists ND’s guest with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with WV global and regional SLT, Support Office board of directors, Other country ND, WVIN SMT and WVIN Staff
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assists in coordinating the agenda, sending invites and preparing minutes/notes of senior leadership team meetings, extended SLT meetings and all staff meetings
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans
- Ensures that ND’s movement is kept updated and responds to requests accordingly
- Collects inputs, edits and completes first drafts for monthly management reports, written communications / acknowledgement letters from ND to internal/external stakeholders
- Follows up on contacts made by ND and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Effective Support, Liaison, Documentation and Communication
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to build relationships
- Knowledge of global time zones
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem solving
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Understand WV operation, structure and ministry
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word and Excel.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experiences supporting C-level executives specially in non-for-profit organizations
Preferred Education, training, license, registration and certification
- Master’s degree in public policies, social policies, law, development studies/management, political science, communication studies, social studies or other relevant subjects
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Strong decision-making capability and emotional maturity
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVI Nepal reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.