Website Hydro-Consult Engineering Limited
- Minimum qualification required: Master degree in Environmental Management/Science/Engineering or equivalent relevant field
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in conducting environmental studies (IEE/EIA/SEIA)
- Place of posting: Kathmandu, Head Office with frequent field visit as per need
- Deadline of submission: 20th October, 2022 (during office hour)
Work Description and Responsibility
- Assist Environment Team Leader to conduct Environmental Assessment (IEE/EIA/ESIA) of infrastructure projects in hands,-specially hydropower, transmission line – and upcoming projects;
- Prepare study tools for use based on relevant environmental act, policies, & regulations/directives of Government of Nepal;
- Liaise and coordinate with local government and project stakeholders for environmental studies;
- Prepare Scoping and Terms of Reference (ToR) for environmental studies of the project;
- Prepare environmental management plan, environmental monitoring plan, resettlement plan and environmental audit plan of the projects under study;
- Prepare environmental study (IEE/EIA/SEIA) reports and coordinate with government organization and entities for approvals;
- Maintain all the records related to environmental assessment and approvals; and
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Well versed with prevailing environmental legislation of Nepal;
- Good command in written and spoken skills in both Nepali and English;
- Must have clear understanding and experience in baseline survey, report preparation and approval process of Scoping, ToR and EIA/IEE reports;
- Have a good knowledge on qualitative and quantitative data analysis and report writing;
- Willing and able to travel in high mountains as and when required;
- Must have computer literate and have the ability to write environmental study reports in both Nepali and English language; and
- Should have good interpersonal skill and team work.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.