Company: Nepal Agribusiness Innovation Centre (NABIC)
Nepal Agribusiness Innovation Centre (NABIC) is the country’s first agri-focused business incubator and innovation platform. NABIC’s objective is to support and nurture start-ups and growth-oriented agri-entrepreneurs to reach their full potential. NABIC invites applications from qualified, motivated and energetic candidates for an upcoming assignment in the Livestock sector.
Position: Enterprise Development Officer
Number of Vacancies: 4
Work stations: Biratnagar, Hetauda, Pokhara; Butwal with frequent field travel.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (BBA), Business Management (BBM), Business Studies (BBS), Commerce (B. Com.), Agribusiness, Agri-economics or similar fields; Master’s Degree desirable, but not essential.
Experience: Preferably around 3 to 5 years of experience working to support establishment and growth of SMEs, particularly in the agri-sector; experience in preparing bankable Business Plans a must.
Duration: initially for a period of 18 to 24 months.
• coach, mentor and train interested sector entrepreneurs (Farmers, Cooperatives, Private Firms and Companies) to develop bankable Business Plans;
• guide and support entrepreneurs through the loan application, approval and disbursement processes;
• guide and support entrepreneurs through the matching grant application, approval and disbursement processes;
• support entrepreneurs to forge productive alliances with other actors in the Value Chain;
• provide mentoring and coaching to financed entrepreneurs and their staff on regular basis to ensure successful implementation of Business Plans;
• coordinate delivery of business development services (BDS) from in-house/ external experts;
• provide coaching, mentoring and backstopping to technical field staff to enable them to function as Enterprise Development Facilitators;
• network and influence important stakeholders;
• organise various informational, networking and capacity development events in the Project area;
• data collection, analysis and reporting.
Required competencies and attributes:
• proven ability to formulate bankable Business Plans, with strong financial analysis skills;
• good coaching, mentoring and training skills;
• strong communicator with ability to influence diverse stakeholder groups;
• well-developed computing skills;
• able to work at local level and willing to undertake field travel.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
Last date to apply: 10th July 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit applications by email to email@example.com with “EDO 2020” in subject line. Applications should consist of:
1. Email cover letter with expected monthly remuneration.
2. CV of not more than four pages with two professional references.