Organization: Mahuli Community Development Center
MCDC, Saptari Nepal a non-profitable social development organization of Nepal. Currently, MCDC Nepal is implementing the Welthungerhilfe (WHH) supported project title “ Strengthening Municipal wide WASH Governance for Social Change in Saptari District NPL-1060” Province No.-2, we invite applications from interested and qualified Nepali citizens for the following position; the position is located in Saptari.
Position: Enterprise Development Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
The position is based in Saptari district and frequent visit to project location (Dakneshwari Municipality, Rajgadh Rural Municipality & Bishnupur Rural Municipality).
Qualification and Experience:
• At least 3-4 years of similar experience with I/NGO and government especially in the Terai region of Nepal.
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, business management, Enterprise Development, or any relevant discipline.
• Solid working experience on business development sector in line with livelihood support for ultra-poor, Dalit and marginalized households and having creative ideas and skills on business promotion by using seed money/revolving funds for entrepreneurship.
• Good skill in community development, empowerment, networking, lobby, and advocacy.
• Good communication and analytical skills.
• Knowledge on financial management , staff supervision and development.
• Good coordination, communication with the community and different stakeholders.
• Fluent in oral and written Nepali and English language.
• Knowledge of Terai local languages ( Tharu, Maithali) would be an added advantage.
• Experience in humanitarian assistance /emergencies and a basic understanding of WASH emergency response/ reconstruction, including sphere standard.
• Knowledge and skill on Right based approaches, GESI, Nutrition, and special needs of women in this context would be an added advantage.
• Willing to stay and travel extensively in the project locations and the ability to work under high pressure.
• Experience in planning, implementation, and monitoring of Enterprise Development Projects connecting with WASH business opportunities in the community.
• Skill on training facilitation, coaching, mentoring and capacity building of beneficiaries, field staff, and CBOs.
• Valid two-wheeler driving license is mandatory and able to ride a motorcycle in rural areas/off-road.
• The applicant must be a Nepali citizen.
• For more detail about this post, please visit career section of www.mcdc.org.np.
Last date to apply: 17th July, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Please send/submit your updated CV with at least 2 references the following addresses with a cover letter addressing the applicant’s motivation to work on this post.
Email: email@example.com or Submit the hard copy of required documents at MCDC Head office; AgnisairKrishnasawaran -6 Mahuli, Saptari
Deadline for submission: 17th July, 5:00 PM (At business hour)
Female, Local inhabitant, Marginalized, and youths are encouraged to apply.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification. The right to reject and select the application shall remain to the organization.