Website Aasaman Nepal
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 17 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
Aasaman Nepal is implementing USAID Education: Equity and Inclusion Project which is a five-year project set to implement in Karnali and Madhesh Province with the objective of contributing to reduce barriers to access and retention in grade 6-10; improve quality education for marginalized children; and ensure quality implementation of disbursement linked indicators related to equity and inclusion activities under School Education Sector Plan (SESP). The project will be implemented in approximately 1800 schools spanning 215 LGs across 18 districts of Karnali and Madhesh Province.
Aasaman Nepal is looking for the self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following position:
Education Officer – Four (Based in Saptari, Dhanusha, Rautahat and Parsa district)
This position will lead the Cluster of USAID Education: Equity and Inclusion project in the cluster in close collaboration with key Government of Nepal (GoN) counterparts (local government) and other education programs and advisory support of Cluster Team. Cluster Lead will identify and engage local partners to strengthen interventions in relation to education interventions. This position will also serve as a key member of the cluster for education system, coordination with the schools and relevant government authorities in the cluster. The position will be responsible for education intervention, external representation for the education system, and ensuring quality program outcomes.
Coordination and support
- To support cluster office management that includes education system, coordinate with the schools and relevant government authorities at cluster.
- Provide advice to project team in integrating knowledge management into project activities
- To lead implementation of cluster level activities through planning meetings with the staff and partners
- Take full responsibility of ongoing education process and system management of all programs/projects and ensuring the implementation of policy and guidelines.
- Support for annual, quarterly and monthly plans, implementation action plan, and intervention guidelines, training manuals of assigned program.
- Lead for effective implementation of the assigned program and objectives of inclusive quality education.
- Ensure effective implementation and completion of activities in the cluster and assist project’s implementation strategies in the program areas maintaining high level of program quality.
- Support to prepare program’s implementation approach and implemented from inclusive processes
- Explore innovative activities in implementation for the inclusive education.
- Prepare the Guidelines for the education.
Documentation and Reporting
- Support and Prepare field visit reports, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, technical progress reports and financial reports as required by the agreement/funding partners and cycle.
- Prepare case stories/case studies, database, result capturing documents and assessments related to program and submit to the supervisor for further action.
- Support team in the cluster for preparing reports of the assigned program on time.
- Support cluster teams for the systematic documentation providing guidance, format and sample, etc.
Coordination and Representation
- Establish strong relation with the clusters school and local governments and its bodies, and district level development and other stakeholders for effective delivery of project activities.
- Share the project related information and issues, seeking and providing support for timely resolution of the issues and problems.
- Assist to cluster team to maintain good relations and communication with program beneficiaries at local and district levels.
- Coordinate and facilitate the cluster level workshops and trainings for province and district stakeholder’s and communities as per project plans or as necessary actions.
- Represent the organization at different levels of consultations and meetings, advocacy actions, and workshops at cluster and district level.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Cluster coordinator and Program Manager.
- Ensure necessary follow up for travel arrangements while conducting field/district/province level activities
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Education qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in education, Social Sciences, Public Administration, Development Studies, Gender & Development, or any relevant field
- Bachelors with minimum 5 years and masters with minimum 3 years of working experience as an education-related thematic expert or manager of education-related projects or programs in Nepal
- Experience managing USAID funded project would be an added advantage.
Key skill and knowledge
- Sound understanding on Equity and Inclusion in education and its policy and guidelines;
- Knowledge on accelerated learning framework for OOSY; experience and ability to Integrate UDL/UDA into teacher training and support frameworks
- Strengthening provincial data systems specifically around EI (OOSC/Y, children with disabilities, teacher, etc.); provincial-level campaigns for school enrollment; teacher training on UDL, SEL and gender-responsive pedagogy (ETC);
- Knowledge about the School Sector Education Plan (SESP) and the role of local government and development partners in implementation Preparation of training manuals, guidelines, strategies, etc. analytical, strategic thinking, and negotiating skills;
- Strong communication, coordination, and negotiation skills; problem-solving and relationship-building skills; people management and team-building skills
- Advanced knowledge of project management and education system.
- Knowledge of international and national education program, guideline and policies;
- Well known about the Nepal government’s provincial priority program in education and related policies and plans;
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills;
- Strong communication, coordination and negotiation skills;
- Strong problem solving and relationship building skills;
- Demonstrated ability to build positive and trustworthy relations for influencing;
- Experience in education system, alternative education, community learning centers and managing time and resource management.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English and Nepali complex and technical information to technical and general audiences; and Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoints etc.
Languages: Strong command of Nepali, English, Maithili, Bhojpuri (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
- Locals, especially women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities from Madhesh Province are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further process.
- Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with updated CV in below link by 12/11/2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time considering the organization work. The post holder will be expected to demonstrate high level of efficient and effective working skills to perform the responsibilities.