Website VSO Nepal
Type of role
Salary: As per organization rule
Contract type: Fixed rule
Full time: 37 hours per week
Application Closing Date: 12 February, 2021
Interview date: Soon as possible
Start date: Soon as possible
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
To provide quality driving and logistic services to volunteers, staff, and visitors within VSO Nepal through the following tasks:
•Administer maintenance & repair of VSO Nepal vehicles,
•Assist to maintenance and repair rental buildings and furniture
•Administer mail and parcel
•Assist to Finance for banking.
•Drive office vehicles, within Kathmandu and districts (field)
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Grade 10 pass
• Clean driving license and at least 5 years 4WD driving experiences
• Proven experiences working in diverse, multicultural team
• Basic in English and Nepali language (written and speaking)
• Computer literate (MS word and Excel)
• Able to manage time and tight schedules, working effectively under pressure and adopt to flexibility
• Clear varied and sensitive communication skills – oral
• Practical commitment to VSO’s values including demonstrated cross cultural sensitivity and commitment to diversity and openness to learning.
• Experience of working with International volunteers.
• Experience working with international NGOs
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
To apply for this job please visit www.vsointernational.org.