Organization: Shanti Foundation
Shanti Foundation is community based nonprofit organization working to promote the health, safety and protection of vulnerable and high-risk women and children. It is being established and operated by trafficking survivors and GBV survivors, HIV infected and affected women and health care researcher promoting the health, safety, and protection of vulnerable and high-risk women, children and communities.
Hamro Samman project is a five-year project generously supported by the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the British people through the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (UK aid) and implemented by Winrock International. Its goal is to reduce the prevalence of trafficking in persons (TIP) in 10 districts of Nepal using the ‘4Ps’ framework – Prevention, Protection, Prosecution and Partnership. Hamro Samman project will bring together various stakeholders and implementing partners to reduce the prevalence of trafficking in persons through three objectives:
• Objective 1: Strengthening federal, provincial and local Government of Nepal (GON) efforts to combat TIP;
• Objective 2: Improving Civil Society Organization (CSO) advocacy and engagement to address TIP; and
• Objective 3: Increasing private sector partnerships (PSPs) to service TIP survivors and at-risk populations
Shanti Foundation is currently working in two targets districts namely Makwanpur and Kathmandu and looking for following experienced and dynamic team players for the aforementioned project and district on the contract basis which is renewable thereafter subject to satisfactory performance and available fund. Shanti Foundation is recurring the following position to contribute in the implementation of its project.
Position: District Officer
Number of Vacancies: 2
Job Location : Kathmandu & Makwanpur District
Offered Salary : NRs. 35,000.00 Monthly
Qualification and Experience:
• Sound and practical knowledge in the field of Anti-Human Trafficking and about its preventive measures, approaches and methodologies,
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills to create a favorable working environment and to get instant support from/in local communities and government
• Familiar in coordination with provincial and district Level Government Departments, Officials, other local level concern agencies and other organizations
• Excellent ability to work with local, provincial government agencies, referral networks of trafficking, across cultures, time zones and disciplines with a wide range of stakeholders.
• A very good communication and correspondence skills with excellent spoken Nepali and English,
• Composure, flexible and having proven problem solving and organizational skills,
• Ability to plan and organize work effectively and deal with multiple tasks simultaneously,
• Advance Knowledge of basic computer; goods skills on MS word, MS excel, MS PowerPoint, and in operation of general office equipment; good in Nepali and English typing
• Field experience in the stated project site and theme would be an asset.
• Ability to work at pace across multiple work streams.
• Strong management and people skills.
• At least Bachelor degree in Sociology/Social work/Development Studies/Gender/women studies/ human rights and related fields
• At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the field of prevention and protection in Antihuman trafficking and sexual and gender based violence (Prior experience under USAID funded projects is added value)
Location: 1 position will be based in Kathmandu and 1 position will be based in Makwanpur district.
The District Project Officer is a key position to implement Hamro Samman Project in order to prevent trafficking in person by strengthening local, provincial government and raise awareness on anti-trafficking issues working closely with Local Government bodies, and community based organizations (CBOs).
• Responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, reporting (monthly, quarterly. semi-annual, annual, events).
• Maintain monthly records, success stories and case studies of Hamro Samman project information and prepare monthly, quarterly, Semiannual and annual and project reports as and when required and submit to Shanti Foundation and donor agencies.
• Monitor and document ongoing and completed activities, and report to Shanti Foundation with specific information on outcome, effect, and impact.
• Visit Local Government office, Support to formation of LCCHT and provide technical assistance as needed to facilitators and supervisors.
• Regular visit to project areas, interact with the stakeholders and beneficiaries for the better impact of the project.
• Ensure the monthly meeting and sharing, planning (annual, quarterly and monthly), projects monitoring and quality control of project activities.
• Coordinate and conduct any training that needs to be implemented at the district and Local Government level.
• Act as a leading person in the district and provide necessary input and support to the project team as well as the groups, institutions and communities
• Supervise and Facilitate project staff (social mobilizers) in effective implementation of project activities and supervise all project related activities including liaison work with local and district stakeholders.
• Coordinate with District Coordination Committee (DCC), Ministry of Social and Development, District Judicial Office, District Education and coordination Unit, District Committee for Controlling human trafficking (DCCHT), municipalities, ward office and I/NGO`S and other likeminded organization who are work in the field of anti -human trafficking and safe migration in district.
• Keep chain relationship with the entire stakeholders like, government and non-government agencies, CBOs and other like-minded agencies.
• Represent to the District Network and forums of Anti human trafficking in district on behalf of Shanti Foundation.
• Provide required support in conducting research study, training, raising awareness, orientation and sensitization of local CBOs, NGOs, CSOs and network and advocacy by coordinating with focal person on necessary arrangement mainly with training requirements and project activities.
• Liaise in between project team and Focal Point/s regarding any programmatic, administrative or logistics issues.
• Support in the smooth implementation and organization of the project activities at the local level and seek support from Shanti Foundation program, Admin and Finance Department.
• Assist in the monitoring of the activities carried out by Shanti Foundation at the local level. Ensure necessary procedures such as administrative and logistics process are followed before the organization of program activities.
• Support in the regular reporting and follow up with the clients and local governments and report back to project team at Kathmandu on the progress made.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by line manager.
• Languages- Fluency in English and Nepali
Last date to apply: 29 July 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates meeting above criteria are requested to submit the application letter with updated curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 days from the date of this notice publication.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Shanti Foundation reserves the right to reject any or all applications without stating any reason. Remuneration and benefits will be provided as per Shanti Foundation fixed term rules. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities and women are equally encouraged to apply
Shanti Foundation is committed to the safeguarding and child protection and zero tolerance to any forms of violence