Website Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Position: Development Worker (m/f/d) „Support to Health Sector Support Programme“
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
Assignment period: 07/01/2021 – 06/30/2023
Field: Public Health
Type of employment: full-time
Application deadline: 04/04/2021
The Health Sector Support Programme in Nepal aims to improve equitable access to health services for the population in the supported municipalities. The module adopts a multilevel approach that is closely aligned with the implementation plan of Nepal Health Sector Strategy 2015–2022 and strengthens partner capacities with a view to achieving the health-relevant sustainable development goals. The involvement of civil society, gender equality and human rights are cross-cutting themes in all five thematic areas. The overall responsibility of the Development Advisor is to contribute to the quality implementation of the Bachelor of Midwifery Education at the National Academy School of Medical Sciences (NAMS) according to the set standards and endorsed curriculum by the Nepal Nursing Council following the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) criteria. Please note that the contractual period is flexible and that it will be discussed with the candidate along the recruitment process.
- Assisting in implementation of midwifery training and capacity building by acting as an advisor and mentor to the faculty members of the bachelor in midwifery education and supporting the academic teaching according to ICM standards within competencies-based curriculum on midwifery subject
- Contributing to ensure the practice orientation/clinical guidance and supervision of the educational programme, e.g. mentoring faculty members in acquiring the necessary skills and modern teaching competency, conducting laboratory practice sessions and clinical instruction and their assessment
- Advising in modern adult teaching methodology, e.g. assure participatory approach, role plays and exchange between students and promote practical exercises wherever possible, support in the use of narrative pedagogy
- Contributing to deliver the “teaching learning methodology” to the students and provide guidance for their research and thesis on midwifery topic
- Supporting the Chief of Nursing campus to liaise with the preceptors and in charge of the clinical facilities and ensure their compliance with the set standards and facilitate for setting up of appropriate learning environment as per ICM standard
- Supporting NAMS to ensure the standard of clinical skill lab facilities and maintain their proper use in collaboration with their outreach clinics
- Working in close collaboration with NAMS in terms of implementing the training plan, clinical rotational plan, reviewing progress and success stories
- Fostering networking and exchange on Midwifery in Nepal and with international partners
- Master’s degree in Midwifery or related fields
- Several years of clinical midwifery experience as well as education and teaching experience
- Skills in research methodology and analysis
- Ability to inspire, coach, capacitate individuals, including persons from different background and culture
- Independent working style with a high degree of flexibility and negotiation skills
- Fluency in English in writing an speaking
“Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Nepal.
The security situation requires heightened vigilance. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Recruitment and Follow-on assignments Client Portal