Website Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH invites applications from suitable and qualified professional for the Local and Provisional Economic Development / Green Resilient Agricultural Productive Ecosystems (GRAPE) Project. LPED / GRAPE is a joint Nepali-German Project under the guidance of the Ministry of Land Management, Cooperatives and Poverty Alleviation (MoLCPA), Government of Nepal with Technical Assistance by the Deutsche Gesellschaft
fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and co-financed by the European Union and Finland. The overall volume of the project is 18,35 Mio.
EUR. The overall objective of the Project is that framework conditions for local economic development in selected (rural and urban) municipalities and value chains at local and provincial level are improved. The Project has four output areas: (1) Economic governance, (2) Action research, (3) Rolling-out, and (4) Scaling-up.
Position: Cluster Coordinator/Advisor (4)
Cluster 2: Dailekh, stationed in Birendranagar
Cluster 4: Kailali, stationed in Dhangadhi
Cluster 5: Doti/ Dadeldhura, stationed in Dhangadhi;
Cluster 6: Bajura, stationed in Kolti
Expected joining date: 01 April 2022
The cluster coordinator is responsible for implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the project in the respective geographical cluster and ensuring effective coordination with partner municipalities and provincial government for smooth implementation of project activities.
- Coordinate project interventions at provincial level, where applicable, in close consultation with the other development Partners
- Take lead in preparing and facilitating communication, meetings and exchange between the provincial and municipal governments on project related processes, activities and topics develops and maintains contact with all important stakeholders
- Collect, processes and distribute relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between government institutions, development projects/programmes, NGOs and society through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars etc.
- Support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project locations and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Communicate local interests and efforts, forwards these to managers and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project/programme
- Ensure channelling of information as required by M&E framework and by the communication and visibility plan Provide advisory services relating to the project objectives and the thematic areas “climate smart agriculture” and “municipal planning” for the relevant project stakeholders (public, private and cooperative sectors)
- Identify needs of the partner municipalities and support for their capacity enhancement in mainstreaming climate smart agriculture (CSA) in their budget and plan
- Assist and monitor the development and implementation of project plans and activities in close consultation with counterparts
- Contribute to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint project activities and work at the regional level
- Support the project with all organisational and management issues at cluster level
- Performs a lead role in cluster level planning bringing all project partners and other stakeholders together
- Coordinate and assist in preparing and conducting project activities and carry out other activities required for implementing all four fields of actions
- Jointly responsible together with the partner institutions for preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, seminars, forums, team meetings and other project activities
- Coordinate relevant project activities in cluster/provincial in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards to implementation and preparation of organisational aspects
- Provide technical backstopping and organization development to partner NGO staff for implementation of the project activities
- Assist international and national advisors/consultants in carrying out their work in the cluster and the province, where applicable
- Support the component leaders that all contracts and financial resources of the project are used in an effective and efficient manner and report to the supervisor
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve project objectives within the activity plan
- Recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Facilitate advance settlement and preparation of financial reports
- Ensure knowledge transfer to project/programme
- Support in developing ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
- Prepare reports and presentation documents
- Prepare appropriate input for various project/programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Country Office
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management
Required qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in agriculture or forestry or natural resource management, business studies or in an area that is related to the project objectives
- At least 4 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- At least 3 years work experience in supporting or advising municipal planning or climate smart agriculture development
- Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Strong managerial and organisational competence
- Proficient knowledge of English and Nepali are required (both verbal and written)
- Ability to analyse complex connections and approach them with a solution-oriented attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
2. Position: Driver
Duty Station: Birendranagar
Expected joining date: 01 April 2022
The Driver will provide safe and responsible driving of office vehicles.
- Safe and responsible driving of office vehicles
– Drive office vehicles safely and chauffeur office staff, official visitors, and guests to official destinations
– Assists in the transport of goods
- Routine maintenance and care of office vehicles
– Regularly clean inside and outside of the office vehicle
– Check oil, water, brake and clutch fluids on a daily basis; tyre pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition on a monthly basis or after 5000 km whichever comes earlier; test lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
– Responsible for project vehicle documents and its care, keep vehicle logbook on a daily basis and register each monthly check
– Calculate the petrol, oil, and lubricant (POL) use on a monthly basis, is responsible for a special petty cash for POL and submits vouchers to accounting on a monthly basis
– Report the need for maintenance and undertake minor repairs
– Immediately report any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any, even minor accidents, or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle
- Take careful note of all available information concerning street conditions, effective routes and locations
– Use all available information (incl. actual radio news on traffic situations) to update knowledge of street conditions, effective routes and locations daily and exchange this information with other office drivers
- Run official errands and assisting with other office services
– Serve all passengers in a friendly manner
– Errand for the project/office, e.g. delivery of letters/messages, payment of bills, and make minor purchases of office supplies
– Accomplishes the “Logbook” correctly and accurately
- Stand by in the office, support other colleagues in case of need, and does other office work as assigned if there is no outside driving activity
- Report any incident whilst off duty that may affect driving licence entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect ability to drive
- Take care of matters in relation with electricity, e.g. cable, etc.
- Assist in and/or carry out other activities and any tasks as assigned
Required qualification and experience:
- Primary level education
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Basic communication in English and fluent in Nepali
- Discipline and punctuality
- Stress tolerance and patience
- Familiarity with Birendranagar and other areas of Karnali province
- At least 3 years of working experience as a driver, with references
- No history of major accidents within the past 3 years
Interested candidates are requested to send a complete application including CV with two referees to the LPED-GRAPE Project via email to Iped@giz.de by 15 February 2022. Only applications sent by email will be accepted. Please write in the subject line while applying by position: for “Ref. Nr. 22003; Driver”,. “Ref. Nr. 22004: Cluster 2 Coordinator/Advisor”, “Ref. Nr. 22005: Cluster 4 Coordinator/Advisor”, “Ref. Nr. 22006: Cluster 5 Coordinator/Advisor” and “Ref. Nr. 22007: Cluster 6 Coordinator/Advisor”.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for a written test and interviews. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
The salary and social benefits will correspond to the GIZ rule applicable to national staff. Especially women and candidates from minority groups are highly encouraged to apply.