Deputy Chief of Party, Technical – USAID Nepal Jal Jangal
Practice area(s): Environment
Location(s): Kathmandu, Nepal
Duration: Contract Employee
Hire Type(s): In-Country Applicant
Experience: 6-9 Years
Tetra Tech International Development currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for potential Deputy Chief of Party-Technical position on a USAID-funded program in Nepal. The five-year USAID-funded Jal Jangal (Freshwater and Forests) Activity will focus on improving the health of ecosystems and biological diversity, environmental and social safeguards, climate resilience and addressing environmental crime in Nepal. The Activity will work with the Government of Nepal (GON), community groups, civil society, and private sector actors, and will align with GON’s vision of “Conservation of biodiversity for sound and resilient ecosystems and national prosperity.”
The Deputy Chief of Party-Technical (DCOP-Tech) is responsible for providing technical and management leadership and oversight to the multi-disciplinary technical team comprised of specialists in ecology, natural resource management (freshwater and forests), climate change adaptation, and environmental crime and regional field staff. He/she oversees the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program approaches and activities and ensures that the anticipated results are achieved. This is a full-time position based in Nepal for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
- Provide conceptual leadership and oversight to the Jal Jangal technical specialists and field implementation teams;
- Foster effective coordination and planning among team members and Jal Jangal to align overall approaches and workstreams;
- Ensure implementation is in compliance with Tetra Tech’s internal protocols, policies and procedures;
- Monitor, evaluate, document, and adapt as necessary, ongoing implementation to ensure the achievement of timely and effective results; and
- Serve as Acting COP on an as needed basis in the absence of the COP.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in biology, forestry, natural resources management, water resource management, ecology, or another relevant discipline is required;
- At least seven (7) years of experience in a technical leadership role related to natural resource management, biodiversity conservation of freshwater or terrestrial ecosystems, climate change adaptation, and/or integrated water resource management in Nepal;
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience in an donor-funded environmental, natural resource management, and/or climate change adaptation project. USAID experience strongly preferred;
- Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders (including national-level governments), fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and addressing gender equality and social inclusion in Nepal; and
- Professional fluency in English and fluency in Nepali preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tetratechintdev.com.