Website European Union (EU)
Position: Office Support Agent
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Nepal aims to strengthen EU-Nepal relations.
We offer a post of Office Support Agent. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Office Support Agent – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to the administration section under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
The office support agent position will assist the Head of Section in communication (telephone, fax, emails, mail, express couriers, consignments, etc.) between the Delegation and external parties, and direct/redirect the communication flow to the appropriate person/section (front/office receptionist tasks). The position will also provide secretarial assistance to the administrative section.
The post is based in Kathmandu, Nepal, for a regular 37,5 working hours per week (office hours 9:00 to 17:00), associated with a job profile and salary grid position in Function Group IV, corresponding to a starting basic salary at NPR 73590 per month, or higher depending on prior, and documented, relevant experience.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
1. Medically fit to perform the required duties;
2. Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
3. Good level in English (B1 level in CEFR) and Nepali (equivalent to C2 level).
4. Minimum of 5 years of proven experience as a receptionist, front desk executive/officer, executive secretary or similar position.
5. High school Leaver’s Certificate (completed grade 12) or vocational/technical school certificate in the area of secretariat/office support or related field,
6. Excellent command of IT tools: MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel in particular)
The following will be considered an asset:
1. Training certificates and/or diploma related to secretariat/office support or in the administrative field,
2. Experience in another diplomatic mission or in an international working environment,
3. Experience / knowledge of EU procedures.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to email@example.com
Applicants should write in the subject of email the following:
Application for the post of Office Support Agent – SURNAME/NAME (in capital letters).
The application should include, as attachments to the email:
- a cover letter (maximum 1 page) and
- a detailed CV (Europass template obligatory (max 2 pages) . Link to Europass CV template: https://europa.eu/europass/en
Applications received via standard mail service will not be taken into account.
Applicants who fail to present their application as described above will be automatically excluded from the competition.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to firstname.lastname@example.org
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered the most suitable for the post based on a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and CV. The short-listed candidates might be requested to send additional supporting documents and, if compliant, will be invited to an assessment phase in form of a written test. During this phase the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post, and may also verify knowledge of IT tools as well as language level requirements.
The best candidates from the assessment phase will be invited to an interview.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 4 April 2021