Finance and Admin Associate
Based on: Kathmandu
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in preparing the cash journal and financial reports, bookkeeping, and ledger posting. Conduct the internal audits of the project and monitor the transaction of the requisition and cash flow, and also monitor all bank deposits and payments. Timely payments of vendor’s bills and settlement of advance, liabilities and receivables etc. Responsible for annual remuneration tax assessment, monthly payroll, and TDS management.
Reporting and Documentation
- Documentation of financial transactions by entering account information in to the system on regular basis. Prepare and assist the drafting of various periodic financial or administrative reports dealing with payables and receivables and cash flow in coordination with the concerned Program Manager or Project Officer for the individual donor reporting.
- Assist to prepare the annual programmatic and operational budget of the organization in close coordination with the Supervisor. Oversee the planning and preparation of projects budget for various program activities as per the donor requirements and accordance to the deliverable of the outputs. Review and ensure the Cost allocation for the project’s grant in consideration of the donor’s limit.
- Implement and timely update/upgrade the financial and administrative policies, procedures and directives and internal control mechanism of the organization in coordination with the SMT and the Supervisor. Cross verify (compliance and relevancy) all financial transactions done by project staffs to meet the requirements of the individual donor. Ensure the timely payment of taxes on stipulated timeline as per Government’s rule and regulation. Responsible for financial closure of the individual projects, annual audit of the organization.
- Maintain office equipment, materials, and properties along with keeping records of the office supplies, materials, and equipment. Manage inventory and physically verify as per need, and also prepare the inventory report of furniture and office equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration, business studies and other relevant field
- Minimum two years of experience in related fields preferred.
- Strong accounting software skills including Microsoft Office programs
- Exceptional leadership, time management, resource allocation, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Ready to travel frequently and perform fieldwork whenever necessary.
- Two-wheeler license mandatory
- Excellent command over spoken Nepali and English languages.
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations and minority groups.
Apply before 29th June 2022.
Please send us your CV and Cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call +977-9801309085; 01-4440085; 01-4420784 for other required information.