Website SOS Children’s Villages Nepal
SOS Children’s Villages Nepal as a non-governmental social development organization support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief. We advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We offer a secure and friendly work environment; and are committed to safeguarding the rights of the children by having zero tolerance policy in this regard. We are further committed to provide a safe environment for staff and children, young people and adults with whom we work, where human rights are respected and upheld, and healthy relations fostered by building organizational systems, capacity, and awareness on our Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct. We are now looking for interested and qualified individuals for the positions mentioned below at SOS Children’s Village Itahari and SOS Youth Care Itahari.
Counselor (2): SOS Children’s Village Itahari and SOS Youth Care Itahari
The Counselors will be responsible for supporting in the social, moral, emotional and intellectual development of children and young people and guiding them by assessing the special educational requirements of an individual child and youth. S/he should have good understanding of professional counseling approaches and strong skills on organizing and facilitating training/workshops. S/he should manage documents, maintain the database, and prepare the activity for children and young people, and report the events.
Key Performance Areas and Main Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance in overall development of children/young people this includes supporting children/young people through proper counseling and helping them to overcome their weakness and resolving the problems with their peer group and others.
- Assesses the special educational requirement of individual child/youth and making arrangements for support this includes maintaining regular contact with teachers to follow-up the academic progress and timely monitoring of the child’s/youth’s academic performance.
- Organizes classes on enhancing self-esteem, on awareness in mental health through different extra curriculum activities such as debate, theater and other activities.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or Bachelor’s Degree in my discipline with one-year post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counseling and three years’ relevant work experience or, Master’s Degree in Psychology or Master’s Degree in any discipline with one-year Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counseling and one-year relevant work experience.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Nepali and proficiency in computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Experience of working with children and young people will be an added advantage.
(Preference will be given to candidates having two-wheeler license).
Salary and other benefits: As per the policies of the organization.
Interested candidates are requested to apply with the Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic certificates, copy of citizenship certificate, name of two referees and a recent passport sized photo by 17:00 hrs, 18th July 2022, Friday (2nd Shrawan, 2079) to: SOS Children’s Village Itahari, Itahari-7, Sunsari, Post Box 121, Or, Email: email@example.com, Tel. No.: 025-580494, URL: www.sosnepal.org.np
Source: Blast Times National Daily, 4 July, 2022